S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Can I ever get that "Show Room" or "Car show" glow again?

Old 07-11-2002, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I ever get that "Show Room" or "Car show" glow again?

I wax my car with McGuire's wax and it does a nice job but its is nothing compared to the glow it had the first day I brought it home. Can I ever get that back? What should I use????
Old 07-11-2002, 11:23 AM

Are you doing that all-important polishing step? That's what's going to restore the lustre to your car. This is a bit time-consuming, but I heartily recommend this:

1) wash the car (duh)
2) polish w/ Zymol HD-Cleanse - I find this product to do the best job of restoring paint color and removing fine scratches
3) use the Zaino system (Z1, then Z2 or Z5), and put on 4 coats of the Z2/Z5

I've used Meguiar's, Zymol, Zaino, and others, but I must say that Zaino is a very amazing product. The more coats you add, the more the car glows. And when I rinse the car to wash it, the water runs off the paint like it was covered in Teflon. Amazing.

Good luck!
Old 07-11-2002, 03:25 PM

hey vrm vrm, do you wash after doing the hd clense? because the oils in hd cleanse will not allow z to stick properly
Old 08-08-2002, 10:02 AM

My car now has what I call an auto show MIRROR shine. I use Zanio with a porter cable.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mequier's Gold Class
Old 08-08-2002, 05:44 PM

Finish First (polish and polymer wax) topped off with Meguiar's Gold Class. It looks better than new!

VrmVrm is absolutely correct. Wax alone without polishing won't get the job done. If you want that liquid shimmer, you need to clean and polish the paint first. This is what gives you the shine, wax gives you the protection.
Old 08-09-2002, 03:33 AM

Apply P21S / S100 to clean, polished paint and it WILL look BETTER than showroom. The Guru Reports folks found it to be the best looking wax.

Here's a quote:

"The stuff is effortless to apply and even easier to remove. You'll also be so hypnotized by the immediate results, that you won't mind re-waxing every six to eight weeks. Show car owners, take note - this product will definitely bump you up a few notches in the Concours Competition. And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, it also dries residue free which means no staining of your black trim and no wax in cracks and crevices. Don't delay - buy some P21S immediately. You won't be disappointed!"

In my experience you apply it with a foam pad in one direction. Maybe 2 square feet at a time. Then immediately microfiber wipe. Maybe 10-15 minutes for the whole car. Not much more work than using a quick detailer spray. You can extend it's life by using the S100 detailing spray which contains the same wax. Some folks apply it over Zaino to get the color enhancement, depth, etc that Zaino lacks.

S100 is the P21S version sold at Harley dealers for 15 bucks. Same as the P21S variety but 10 bucks cheaper.

Stan
Old 08-09-2002, 09:40 AM

Tell me what you know about Nu Finish.
bottle says once a year car polish. Not a wax, water beads up on your car... reapply 30 days after first application.
It smells like a prewax paint cleaner.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

when new, the car did not have the deep wet look. it was clean with a nice shine... i think that any car will look better than new with a bit of proper detailing- like doing what the posts above indicate.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:14 PM

I use to use Meguires Gold Class, but switched to Harlys from www.harlywax.com. It did a much better job. Looks even better than from the showroom.

Quick Reply: Can I ever get that "Show Room" or "Car show" glow again?