S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Finding A Wheel Sealant

Old 04-15-2014, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding A Wheel Sealant

I just had my wheel refinished and I am looking for a product that I can use to keep them looking new. Is there any benefit in spending the time to do a wax when there are quick sealant sprays? I was considering the following products:

Adam's Quick Sealant

PoorBoys Wheel Sealant

Rim Shield

What do you guys think?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:20 AM

Received 3,388 Likes on 2,459 Posts

I use menzerna powerlock on all my wheels, easy on and easy off. I do it to help keep them clean and the brake dust slides off nicely. I imagine any of those products will do the same thing, they probably only differ in how long they last ?. I've been really happy with the menzerna , I use it on the vehicle body so I always have some sitting around and I don't need to buy a separate product for the rims.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:25 AM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

are wheel sealants safe to use on all wheel finishes?
Old 04-15-2014, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
I use menzerna powerlock on all my wheels, easy on and easy off. I do it to help keep them clean and the brake dust slides off nicely. I imagine any of those products will do the same thing, they probably only differ in how long they last ?. I've been really happy with the menzerna , I use it on the vehicle body so I always have some sitting around and I don't need to buy a separate product for the rims.
it is a little on the steeper side $30 dollars a bottle. That is definitely one to consider. How often to you apply?

Have you tried any products before menzerna?
Old 04-15-2014, 04:15 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

look up Kleers
Old 04-15-2014, 05:22 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

While I have tried many, I dont think I have found anything that really stands out. Youd be better off reapplying whatever sealant you use on the cars body and save yourself the dough.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ns400 brake pads and spray wax = 2 weeks no brake dust (and that's with canyon cruise)

I was my car as normal, dry wheels, mist spray wax on all 4 wheels, go back to first and lightly dry/wipe off.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:09 AM

Received 3,388 Likes on 2,459 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1397589652' post='23114020
it is a little on the steeper side $30 dollars a bottle. That is definitely one to consider. How often to you apply?

Have you tried any products before menzerna?
Yeah, but I use it on the vehicle body as well, so I don't need to use two different products. A little bit goes a long way with Menzerna Powerlock. I apply it once a the start of our driving season when my car is in winter storage. I don't touch it again for five months, so I would say it lasts at least 5-6 months, I wouldn't be surprised at it lasting 12 months, but I don't drive the car year round. I've tried wax products on my wheels before but it doesn't seem to last nearly as long as sealants.

If you use a certain product on your vehicle body I would do as Carbon blue suggests and use the same product on the wheels, beats having to buy different products for different applications.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:51 PM

Received 706 Likes on 478 Posts

I use Wheel Wax. Has decent endurance, easy on/off and keeps brake dusting down.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:08 AM

There are several good wheel waxes out there (DP Wheel Wax, Auto Finesse Mint Rims, Swissvax Autobahn [my personal choice]), but the issue is it does not last long. The heat and grime buildup really take their toll on them and they normally have to be re-applied once a month on a daily driver.

Menzerna power lock and Zaino Z2 Pro are the best in durability with the slight edge to the Zaino for the look it gives the wheels and slightly better durability.

If you want a real good protection that lasts a long time and helps prevent dust buildup, then look into getting the wheels coated with a glass or quartz surface coating from companies like Gtechniq or 22PLE.

Quick Reply: Finding A Wheel Sealant