S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

JEFFS Werkstatt

Old 01-30-2007, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you apply the Prime using a machine or by hand? if you used a machine, how hard do you think it would be doing it by hand?
Old 01-30-2007, 05:30 PM

Wow! Great review Rob!!! Very thorough!

I've read countless Scottwax details on Autopia where he has used these products. He absolutely loves them and a lot of people have tried them because or his recommendations.

BTW, they are definitely Carlak re-bottled and I believe Klasse is made by Carlak as well but I'm not sure about that part.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:20 PM

Thanks for your thoughts all.

jooboy - applied by hand the paint has virtually no swirls in at all at the moment.

It was easy to apply.

So some pics - I washed it but the weather was marginal but still got a few

(no close ups with the sun shining off of it as I would like to have. Sun was behind a cloud for most of the day. I think close ups tell the story so much better and more accurately but these will have to do! ).

Old 01-31-2007, 02:21 PM

wow, that looks really great! it doesn't even look that sunny out in the pics, yet it's reflecting like crazy. i'm sold on this product line!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:35 PM

thanks jooboy - it was overcast all day!

but great polishing/washing weather

I gave all three of my cars (S2000, Honda civic and my wife's Mazda) a quick valet inside and out today.

Yesterday I valeted the Mercedes A Class that you can see in the top picture
Old 01-31-2007, 03:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

great pics, and wonderful shine robs silver s2k!!

more info on the klasse/ carlack:

http://www.detailparadise.com.au/modules.p...=asc&highlight=
Old 02-01-2007, 12:45 AM

Thanks wannabe - I polished it so much that it went from silver to blue - not sure what happened

For those wondering why my handle is robs_silver_s2k and not robs_blue_s2k it is because I had a silver S the first time round - chopped it in and got a Blue one !!
Old 02-01-2007, 06:05 PM

I would be interested in the durability on this line. I am now considering a change from Zaino after reading this thread. Good write up.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:03 AM

Having previously used Klasse, Carlack and Zaino I would be expecting JEFFS to last just as long as these - which from experience is about 6 - 9 months.

Using the JEFFS GLOS you get a topping up effect in any event. So a quick blitz with this and you should be able to keep the protection at the optimum level.

I did notice that when I washed it the water simply ran off the bodywork with ease and propelled it to the ground.

I do like Zaino and still use it occasionally I am just a sucker for trying new polishes /sealants and waxes that I haven't yet toyed with; JEFFS will be here to stay.

I have a Jaguar to do this weekend and think I will use JEFFS on that. Her Jag is metallic dark green so I will be interested in the results / difference that it provides on a Metallic finish.

One last thing - if longevity is paramount then they do a PRIME STRONG; this, as they say is PRIME plus 20% extra acrylic. This should give you the extra protection you might demand.

Glad you all seemed to have enjoyed the read - hope it has given you some insight into a new/different product. I hadn't seen a review of JEFFS Werkstatt on here so thought I would write one - not up to MikeyC's standards but hope it helps

Rob
Old 02-03-2007, 01:19 PM

bit more info and another example of Werkstatt.

Today I valeted a Jaguar X Type 2.5 auto

It is in a dark green colour although in certain lights looks very blue - seems to have a flip to the paint.

So I thought I would use the Werkstatt system again - now that I have used it on my car with some success I thought I would try in on a clients car. The longevity question still remains but I suspect / am confident it will be long lasting - especially if Carlack / Klasse is anything to go by. (by the way - smells very, very similar to Klasse!)

So this is a lady owned 4 year old Jag - it has seen an auto car wash 4 times in 4 yrs.

It was pretty swirled up

Second pic is of the bootlid

I used the orbital and Megs 83 to remove them - then started on the werkstsatt

Below is Megs #83 doing it's work to half on the bootlid

Here was the end result - sun light dipping so took some pics before I had finished - I then continued with the valet - wheels, exhaust tips, tyres etc etc

Quick Reply: JEFFS Werkstatt