S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Mr. Clean Auto Dry

Old 06-02-2005, 06:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SPLNDID,Jun 2 2005, 06:07 AM
California blade?
Is that like a Kentucky Rifle? What is a california blade?
http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/calwatblad.html
Old 06-02-2005, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh. Interesting.
Very pleased with the MC system. Amazed actually. No blade needed yet.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:19 PM

I have used MC for quite a while now and have been very pleased with it's performance!
Recently after a drive to my Mother's house, my windshield was covered with love bugs so I got out the hose and a scubby, scrubbed and quickly rinsed off the windshield and then went inside. Upon returning to my car to go home I got in and looked up though the windshield, aaarg!! so many water spots I almost couldn't see thru it!
It reminded my well MC works! I never have any spots when using MC, so I'm sold...
Old 06-04-2005, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by delliot,Jun 2 2005, 08:19 PM
I have used MC for quite a while now and have been very pleased with it's performance!
Recently after a drive to my Mother's house, my windshield was covered with love bugs so I got out the hose and a scubby, scrubbed and quickly rinsed off the windshield and then went inside. Upon returning to my car to go home I got in and looked up though the windshield, aaarg!! so many water spots I almost couldn't see thru it!
It reminded my well MC works! I never have any spots when using MC, so I'm sold...
dude!
I'm sold. Just MC'd my stook this morning.
Even my neighbors commented on how clean it was.
I find the real trick to be to rinse thoroughly following the wash AND really soak those areas with the de-ionized, filtered water (like the mirror mounts and door wells) that tend to store water. That way when the trapped water runs out from hiding, it is the clean stuff.
Great product and it saves me time by avoiding the once-manditory hand dry.

CB
Old 06-08-2005, 07:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I've been very impress with my MC. My beater car is black and it leaves no streak or water spots. You just need to make sure you use a good filter. The only time I've had any spots was with a dead filter.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Former Moderator

My neighbor was using this stuff and loved it until I showed him the proper way to rinse a car. No need for expensive filters even with the hardest water.

For some of you that may not know this detailer's tip:

Take the nozzle off your hose.
Let them stream run from top of the car to bottom. Keep moving the hose down the car as you rinse. If your car is properly waxed the water will almost completely sheet of. I can usually dry my car with one 16"x16" MF towel.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:38 PM

Wow! I used to rinse my car that way when I lived in Colorado. But even then i couldn't dry it with 1 towel!!
But here in Orlando the water is so hard that it spots before it even comes out of the hose! Ha!
Old 06-09-2005, 03:41 PM

I bought an MC last year. The water in the area I was living was not hard at all, but I like the idea of not having to dry the car. The first time I used it after the winter it worked great. I used it a few more times and it didn't dry as well or as quickly. Then I put a coat of Zymol on my car and it didn't work well at all after that. So, since it wasn't working as well and I love my Zymol I gave the MC to my friend.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:20 AM

I just the MC and i am really impressed with the outcome. I washed the whole family of cars. f350 and a volvo same results everytime. I need to go buy more filters!

Peace
Old 08-04-2005, 10:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Costco has the replacement filters now. Two filters and two soap bottles for $15.

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean Auto Dry