S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Mr. Clean Carwash kit for $4.99 at CVS

Old 09-21-2009, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't use it because I'm lazy, I just don't like the swirl marks you get from hand drying with a cloth towel or chamois. Yes, drying your car with ANY material no matter how soft will cause swirl marks over time.

My car wouldn't be any cleaner or shinier if I hand dried it with a towel, so why waste the four minutes?
Old 09-21-2009, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Not Sure,Sep 21 2009, 02:58 PM
I don't use it because I'm lazy, I just don't like the swirl marks you get from hand drying with a cloth towel or chamois. Yes, drying your car with ANY material no matter how soft will cause swirl marks over time.

My car wouldn't be any cleaner or shinier if I hand dried it with a towel, so why waste the four minutes?
gonna take a LONGGGG time

wax = prevents that. If you care that much, I would hope the car has wax on it anyway
Old 09-21-2009, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by zachismisitok,Sep 21 2009, 03:06 PM
gonna take a LONGGGG time

wax = prevents that. If you care that much, I would hope the car has wax on it anyway
It doesn't take long to dry - in fact by the time I'm done washing the rims and tires the whole car is dry and spotless.

The wax comes off when you use the soap - that's what the soap is for. Notice how water beads when there is wax on the car? That's because the wax makes it bead. Notice how the water doesn't bead after you wash the car with Mr. Clean? That's because you've washed the wax off of the car. Towelling it at this point will cause swirls. Yes I care that much because I've seen how many swirl marks you get over a few years time when you towel dry.

BTW I'm sensing some hostility coming my way - if the product doesn't work for you I believe you - just believe that it works for me.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:32 PM

buy it and keep it for a gift for somebody for xmas DUH people
Old 09-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zachismisitok,Sep 21 2009, 02:50 PM
I should clarify that when I used it, I used a brand new filter and their own soap and stuff.

i duno, imo this is the fast food of car washing. Actually that would be a gas station car wash. This is the home made ramen. stop being lazy and make a real meal (driving your car in the correct fashion will not leave swirl marks, lol... esp. if you wax)
You'll still get water spots if you let it completely air dry if you have super hard water.

Our water is so hard that you can't wash a black car in the summertime without getting hard water spots almost immediately. Even in the shade. I can't stand them on the windshield.

I use the filter so that I can WASH the car properly... instead of rushing to get the water off of one panel before washing a different one....

And hey, what's wrong with a good PB n' J or a cup of Ramen? You can't have filet mignon all the time.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by CKit,Sep 21 2009, 03:38 PM
You'll still get water spots if you let it completely air dry if you have super hard water.

Our water is so hard that you can't wash a black car in the summertime without getting hard water spots almost immediately. Even in the shade. I can't stand them on the windshield.

I use the filter so that I can WASH the car properly... instead of rushing to get the water off of one panel before washing a different one....

And hey, what's wrong with a good PB n' J or a cup of Ramen? You can't have filet mignon all the time.
hehe, point taken, I think houston is known for ridiculous hard water
Old 09-21-2009, 04:56 PM

am i the only one that wash the car at night after the sun goes down? lol
Old 09-21-2009, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=asiliat,Sep 21 2009, 05:20 PM] I used it when it 1st came out, and found it works as advertised.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:36 PM

^^ lol, he's a plant
Old 09-21-2009, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Not Sure,Sep 21 2009, 04:13 PM
The wax comes off when you use the soap - that's what the soap is for. Notice how water beads when there is wax on the car? That's because the wax makes it bead. Notice how the water doesn't bead after you wash the car with Mr. Clean? That's because you've washed the wax off of the car. Towelling it at this point will cause swirls. Yes I care that much because I've seen how many swirl marks you get over a few years time when you towel dry.
Sorry friend, but that is wrong on so many levels. A proper auto wash will not strip your wax. It doesn't work like that.

What you are experiencing is simply the surface tension being disrupted. The wax is fine. Dry the car then rewet. Water will bead.

I appreciate your dedication to your paint, but if you are scratching your paint with your towels, buy better towels. It sounds like Mr. Clean is making you happy. I can't argue with that. Congrats on the good deal.

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean Carwash kit for $4.99 at CVS