S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Need help with swirls in black paint.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with swirls in black paint.

So I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 that I've taken very good care of. BUT, over the past 2 years some swirls have occured through out the paint. I need good suggestions and help on this. It's a 4 door which means there is sooo much to cover. Thanks!

Old 02-26-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Light swirl marks will not be a problem with a Porter Cable buffer and a light compounding agent such as Poorboys SSR2. You're going to need to build scaffolding to get to the hood and roof though! Since I'm local to you I can hook you up.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

for light swirls in black paint, i like glazes... they remove some swirls and fill what they cant get- with a pc.
my fav glaze is the 3m... the one that has my car in their ad:

http://properautocare.com/3mperswirmar.html
Old 02-26-2007, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by globallyoff,Feb 26 2007, 08:02 PM
Light swirl marks will not be a problem with a Porter Cable buffer and a light compounding agent such as Poorboys SSR2. You're going to need to build scaffolding to get to the hood and roof though! Since I'm local to you I can hook you up.
HAHA. Yea, the truck V's the S is a big change. My head lights on this truck are about even with the top of the roof of an S. lol. It is a pain to detail but I HAVE to keep it clean. Mild O.C.D. on vehicle detailing. I didn't get the wheel wells sprayed down so this pic bothers me but it's the best I had. Thanks for the advice! I guess I'll see you around one of these days.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:14 PM

Question

Originally Posted by wanabe,Feb 26 2007, 08:06 PM
for light swirls in black paint, i like glazes... they remove some swirls and fill what they cant get- with a pc.

That is what I'm looking for! I've looked at your S a few times. That shine is absoluty amazing. A hero in my eyes for to be able to keep that black looking like that. That must take some serious hrs.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:30 PM

that truck is huge. your deff a wacko for putting in the hours to keep that thing clean...

anyone else notice wanabe just took the chance to show off "the one with my car in the add"
Old 02-26-2007, 07:34 PM

I think I do a good job considering the size and it being my daily driver. I have to wash it at least once a week. I've been known to take my lunch hr at work to wask it if it's dirty. I can't take it. The good thing about the truck is that I can carry all of my cleaning supplies with me so if something happens like a bomb squad of birds come along... I'm prepaired. lol. I try. I can't honestly say that I'm as crazy as some on here... YET! I just need a helpfull hand to get me in the right direction to have the best.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by JDub318,Feb 26 2007, 08:34 PM
I think I do a good job considering the size and it being my daily driver. I have to wash it at least once a week. I've been known to take my lunch hr at work to wask it if it's dirty. I can't take it. The good thing about the truck is that I can carry all of my cleaning supplies with me so if something happens like a bomb squad of birds come along... I'm prepaired. lol. I try. I can't honestly say that I'm as crazy as some on here... YET! I just need a helpfull hand to get me in the right direction to have the best.
He really does use his lunch break to detail Seen it many times! I think he needs a badge.
We need to get the beast blinging so he can sell it and get his S!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KnowledgeIsPower,Feb 26 2007, 10:30 PM
that truck is huge. your deff a wacko for putting in the hours to keep that thing clean...

anyone else notice wanabe just took the chance to show off "the one with my car in the add"
as well he should! Thats just the kind of advice Dub is looking for.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Feb 26 2007, 08:06 PM

how would the results be using this product by hand to remove light swirls ?

Quick Reply: Need help with swirls in black paint.