S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

One-piece floormats?

Old 08-04-2005, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dat s2k,Aug 4 2005, 07:19 PM
whats the big difference?
The tightness of the carpet, the quality of the pile.

It's significantly thicker, heavier. Feels plush too. I almost want to take my shoes off in the car.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha ic. in that case ill wait till these start to wear out then ill buy the "prestige" ones
Old 08-07-2005, 03:59 AM

muz et al,
How do you guys think these mats would look on a rio yellow car, having the trim and S logo in yellow, too over the top?

Is this correct that charcoal matches factory interior better than black? How would the black mat look in the factory interior, opinions?
Thks
Chris
Old 08-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by G-winger,Aug 7 2005, 09:59 PM
muz et al,
How do you guys think these mats would look on a rio yellow car, having the trim and S logo in yellow, too over the top?

Is this correct that charcoal matches factory interior better than black? How would the black mat look in the factory interior, opinions?
Thks
Chris
Black mats look fine, in fact the majority of people order them. Charcoal mats however are the best match to the factory OEM carpet on cars with 'black ' interior.

Black/Yellow

Charcoal/Yellow
Old 08-10-2005, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by koala,Aug 4 2005, 05:03 PM
It's worth the extra $100 for the prestige mats. I had the regular ones in my '01 S2000 and the difference in quality is actually quite substantial.
hmmm... are they better or worse quality than the OEM mats that come with the car, how do the "cheap" ones compare to the stock mats

off topic: you were/are on clubrsx.com koala, right?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by copmagnet82,Aug 10 2005, 09:12 PM
hmmm... are they better or worse quality than the OEM mats that come with the car, how do the "cheap" ones compare to the stock mats

off topic: you were/are on clubrsx.com koala, right?
Well, put it this way... we consistently receive and see reports of people owning our mats for 3, 4 or more years without any excessive signs of wear. They will outlive the factory mats by a very long time.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Muz,Aug 10 2005, 02:19 PM
Well, put it this way... we consistently receive and see reports of people owning our mats for 3, 4 or more years without any excessive signs of wear. They will outlive the factory mats by a very long time.
thats good

im trying to compare the mats to the oem ones, because im trying to figure out if the carpet of the regular muz mat is like the OEM mat or if it's thinner/thicker than OEM
if the ragular muz mat is like the OEM then i'll get the regular kind, if its a lot worse than OEM mat than i'll get the prestige one's
Old 08-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by copmagnet82,Aug 13 2005, 02:20 AM
thats good

im trying to compare the mats to the oem ones, because im trying to figure out if the carpet of the regular muz mat is like the OEM mat or if it's thinner/thicker than OEM
if the ragular muz mat is like the OEM then i'll get the regular kind, if its a lot worse than OEM mat than i'll get the prestige one's
Carpet quality is not measured by the thickness of the mat but by the density of the pile. Our mats may be similar (or slightly less thick) in height than the OEM mats (I haven't compared) but either version, standard or prestige, is far superior to the regular factory mats and will serve you well for a much longer period of time.

Both wear very well but the prestige is a more upmarket plush looking carpet and even longer wearing. Both prestige and standard mats are similar as far as 'thickness' goes.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:28 PM

man, i'm having a really hard time expressing myself

so yeah... what i meant is if the density of the pile of the regular muz mat is similar to OEM mat, if it's more or less dense than OEM im sure the prestige version is, but i just wanna know about the regular version
sorry for all the questions muz, im just trying to figure out what i want to order
Old 08-13-2005, 12:05 PM

he said the regular has a more dense pile than an oem mat.

Quick Reply: One-piece floormats?