S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Paint Sealants

Old 03-29-2002, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Sealants

I wanted to respond to the thread "Zaino over Permaplate" but it is locked.
The blanket statement that paint sealants do not work is untrue. There are some very good paint sealants out there. We use Pro Polymer II and have had great results. Would I buy the package from a dealership? No. They charge way to much and the warranty is bull. But, many professional detailers offer paint sealant as an option to wax. If you believe Sal then we (detailers) are all trying to scam our customers when we recommend paint sealant. Not true. Most of our customers are folks who haven't waxed there car for over a year. I recommend paint sealant for them because once we finish with the car it could be at least another year before the cars paint gets proper attention. I felt that Sal's statement cast a bad light on some honest, hardworking detailers and couldn't let it go unanswered.
Thanks for reading.
Colette
Old 03-29-2002, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had great results with the Klasse paint sealant I have been using since I got the S2K. I read wax melts right off of the paint overtime so I went with the sealant. I have also used ProLong's paint sealant in the past from Walmart on my truck and it worked great. I'll stick with the Klasse though for both vehicles as I know it doesn't have silicone in it.