S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Please help a newb out

Old 04-07-2007, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bz2005s2k,Apr 6 2007, 04:25 PM

So the Shmitt works pretty good then? Maybe I will try that out

So would you guys say your prefer Zaino over the Pinnacle? I looked online and found that the Pinnacle #1 and #3 cost about $15 each. I have just always heard that Zaino is one of the best but I don't really know. Maybe I will try the Pinnacle stuff first

I am planning on getting the Edge Dual action 6 inch kit from autogeek.net for $99.
Are there any discounts that we get for S2ki members at this site?

This is my list now (I think):

$99- Edge kit
$18- Egde kit adapter for PC
$11- All white scmitt
$10- grit gaurd
$10- Clay magic kit
$15- Raggtop
$15- Pinnacle #1
$15- Pinnacle #3

For a grand total of $193. This looks like a pretty good set of stuff to get me on the right path, right?

Also, is it beneficial to get the Pinnacle XMT carnuba glaze for $15 too?

Thanks again for all your help,

Brandon
The $99 edge kit comes with the adapter.. unless you're picking up a spare.
I'd just get the schmitt combo (white/yellow and black for wheels/tires) for $18.
Pick up 2 grit guards for $18 and buy 2 $5 5 gallon buckets at lowes or something. Rest looks great. Gold class is perfectly good for washing. What are you using for wax/sealant?
Old 04-07-2007, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blurnj13,Apr 7 2007, 07:00 AM
The $99 edge kit comes with the adapter.. unless you're picking up a spare.
I'd just get the schmitt combo (white/yellow and black for wheels/tires) for $18.
Pick up 2 grit guards for $18 and buy 2 $5 5 gallon buckets at lowes or something. Rest looks great. Gold class is perfectly good for washing. What are you using for wax/sealant?
Are you sure that the $99 kit comes with the adapter? It does not list it as an item included. Actually it says at the bottom to not forget to order one. It should come with one though

I am planning on using Pinnacle XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze. I assume that it is pretty good

Are there any discount codes for me to use on Autogeek.net?

Thanks for all the help everyone,

Brandon
Old 04-07-2007, 02:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes, the edge kit comes with the adapter...
just be sure to order the kit for the pc-
several members have ordered the wrong one and had to send it back.

we do not have any autogeek.net discounts that i know of at this time...
Old 04-07-2007, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,Apr 6 2007, 07:25 PM
I have two that are at least that old and they look great still. I wash three cars numerous times a month. They've been to the Dragon and spent time in a bucket washing countless cars. Did you machine wash your mitts?
Maybe after every 3 or 4 uses I would throw them in the washing machine on gentle cycle. They definitely need to go in the drier every so often or they lose their flufiness.

Originally Posted by wanabe, Apr 7 2007, 05:36 PM
yes, the edge kit comes with the adapter...
just be sure to order the kit for the pc-
several members have ordered the wrong one and had to send it back.

we do not have any autogeek.net discounts that i know of at this time...
Actually, I'm wondering if it does still come with the adapter. It used to be listed as a "free bonus" with purchase of the kit. However, it's no longer listed. I would call Autogeek to find out before ordering.

Here are the only two Autogeek codes I know of right now . . .

"Autopia" for 10% off your order
"AGO" for free shipping on orders over $75

You can only use one code per order. So, use the one which will save you the most money.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Apr 7 2007, 08:43 PM
Maybe after every 3 or 4 uses I would throw them in the washing machine on gentle cycle. They definitely need to go in the drier every so often or they lose their flufiness.

Actually, I'm wondering if it does still come with the adapter. It used to be listed as a "free bonus" with purchase of the kit. However, it's no longer listed. I would call Autogeek to find out before ordering.

Here are the only two Autogeek codes I know of right now . . .

"Autopia" for 10% off your order
"AGO" for free shipping on orders over $75

You can only use one code per order. So, use the one which will save you the most money.
If it's true... that's sort of lame isn't it? A kit without the adapter??? Might as well give you a car without the keys.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by blurnj13,Apr 7 2007, 10:22 PM
If it's true... that's sort of lame isn't it? A kit without the adapter??? Might as well give you a car without the keys.
If you think about it not all of the pad kits with velcro backed pads come with a backing plate. So, I don't think it's that crazy.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Apr 7 2007, 09:43 PM

Mine are very soft and fluffy. All I do is rinse them, shake them out and let them air dry on a ventilated shelf.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:27 AM

[QUOTE=MikeyC,Apr 8 2007, 08:02 AM] If you think about it not all of the pad kits with velcro backed pads come with a backing plate.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:45 AM

Good advice mentioned here. I got my adapter with my kit but definitely call and find out.

How many ounces of clay come in the clay magic kit? Autogeek has the DP clay at 8oz. for 19.99 or 24.99 I believe which is the best deal I've seen personally.

You listed the raggtop at 15 dollars, but Autogeek has both of the 303 cleaning and protectant bottles in a pack for 19.99. Some people like raggtop better (I don't actually) but both bottles of 303 for 20 bucks is great - especially since you can use the protectant on the interior also.

Good idea ditching the Zaino. They make great products but you don't get much ounce-wise and it's overpriced as well. Their tire dressing is hands down the best I've used though so make sure you try it out sometime in the future I personally use Poorboy's polishes and EXP sealant and love them.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:01 AM

I called autogeek and they DO NOT include the adapter with the kit

To save money I went ahead and just bought the adapter and three pads(orange, blue, white).

Do you think these three pads will do just fine for now?

I also got all of the shmitt's. I got the black wheel one, the yellow/white exterior one, and the yellow/white interior one.

Thanks for the codes MikeyC and thanks for all your help everyone else. As soon as I get my stuff I will be doing three cars. A black 99' Accord, an 03' Sedona Red Pearl Subaru WRX wagon, and my 05' Silverstone S. I will post pics as sson as I get them done to show my newb jobs

Quick Reply: Please help a newb out