S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Q: Best way to care for car after Zainoing it?

Old 04-26-2005, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q: Best way to care for car after Zainoing it?

I just recieved my 1st shipment of zaino products today, and am looking forward to cleaning my car this weekend.

Normally, to wash my car, I use a self serve wash, being mindful not to use any high pressure when approaching the soft top.

After zainoing my car this weekend, when I wash my car, should I eliminate the wax step in the car washing sequence?

Any tips to maximize the shine in the months to come, as I wash the car?

thanks!
Old 04-26-2005, 12:03 PM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

The Car Capsule

Old 04-26-2005, 03:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fatboydeepak,Apr 26 2005, 11:55 AM
I just recieved my 1st shipment of zaino products today, and am looking forward to cleaning my car this weekend.

Normally, to wash my car, I use a self serve wash, being mindful not to use any high pressure when approaching the soft top.

After zainoing my car this weekend, when I wash my car, should I eliminate the wax step in the car washing sequence?

Any tips to maximize the shine in the months to come, as I wash the car?

thanks!
you can eliminate it, or if you have time or just want to-
you can use more zaino... or what i do is figure out how much time i want to spend.
if i have time for the zaino, thats what i do- if time is a little short, i carnuba it with p21s. and if not enough time for that, a detailers spray will do;
and if not enough time for that, a good wash is just fine-

besides, it gets detail sprayed during the week anyway!

-----
just realized that maybe you are asking should you eliminate the wax when you use zaino??
you can zaino only or you can wax over zaino. just dont zaino over fresh wax ( i do zaino over wax that is a few weeks old with no problems)
Old 04-26-2005, 03:45 PM

thanks for your help wanabe,

I think I should rename my car the big yellow fly swatter - for all the bugs it collects on my drive to work/home.

After I start zainoing the car on a reg. basis, I want to continue to clean the bugs off my car during the week, but I want to preserve the zaino shine as much as i can.

I gather then, from what you're saying, that after washing the car with soap/water if i want to use wax it is fine - although i'd have to wash the car once more to strip the wax away before i use zaino again.

If thats the case i'll just clean the car as necessary with soap and water to get rid of dead bugs and just use the zaino when I have time.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:29 AM

Zaino's protection should last a long time so the need to reapply after washing is a matter of the look you want Vs needing added protection. When I used Zaino, I typically did 3 coats of Zaino initially then used Z6 after washing. I typically reappled one coat of Zaino every 3-6 months. Now Zaino has a Z8 detailer which supposedly contains some protectant too. I would give this a try.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

simple - I wash with preferred soap and hit it with z8 and keep a fresh stock of MF towels
Old 04-27-2005, 08:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fatboydeepak,Apr 26 2005, 03:45 PM
thanks for your help wanabe,

I think I should rename my car the big yellow fly swatter - for all the bugs it collects on my drive to work/home.

After I start zainoing the car on a reg. basis, I want to continue to clean the bugs off my car during the week, but I want to preserve the zaino shine as much as i can.

I gather then, from what you're saying, that after washing the car with soap/water if i want to use wax it is fine - although i'd have to wash the car once more to strip the wax away before i use zaino again.

If thats the case i'll just clean the car as necessary with soap and water to get rid of dead bugs and just use the zaino when I have time.
i think i did not explain this well...
you do not have to remove the wax-
and you do not have to wash before waxing if you just zainoed.

let me try again:
if you are going to clay, i would wash the car with car shampoo after claying (you can use dawn every once in a while, but it is harsher than you need, imo- my car has only seen dawn once in 5 years- when i removed the finish first i had on the car to apply the zaino without claying first)
dry the car, and zaino it- as many coats as you want to do...
the final coat would be the carnuba.
or
zaino as you normally would and finish-
the next time you wash the car (a few weeks later) then use carnuba.
hope i did a better job of explaining this time!

in my experience the carnuba adds better dust control and a deeper wetter shine-
although i should add i have not used the new version of zaino that came out last month.

by the way, a quick detail spray after dusting the car is a great idea except for the bugs... i would suggest qed or just wash the front end. i would not use a quick detail spray on bugs (some chance of swirls or light scratches without the rinsing).