S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Swirls on NFR

Old 04-07-2012, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get an orange pad with meguiars #105 them get a grey pad and finish with meguiars #205. Prime the pad and put 3 dime sized drops every time you do a section. Spread the polish on a 2x2 section on setting 2 then 5 to 6 passes on setting 5. Your car will be swirl free after. post some pictures after
Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SkateForGirl
Get an orange pad with meguiars #105 them get a grey pad and finish with meguiars #205. Prime the pad and put 3 dime sized drops every time you do a section. Spread the polish on a 2x2 section on setting 2 then 5 to 6 passes on setting 5. Your car will be swirl free after. post some pictures after
That's what I do and it works well, but goes against him not wanting to buy more stuff.

I'd try the UC with the white pad. If it cleans everything up, then it's aggressive enough you don't need the orange pad. Then apply the sealant by hand with a foam applicator. They're pretty cheap.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Wax-Applicators-Meguiar%27s_22984954-P_N3302_T|GRP2074_____
http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-HiTec.../dp/B0009IQZPW
Old 04-08-2012, 10:53 PM

If its the white pad comes with the PC.. I heard its crap and you shouldn't use it, but if it actually is LC white.. then its considered a "polishing" pad, so may be a little more aggressive than you'll want. But regardless, MOST cutting/correcting should be done during UC with orange pad anyways.

pad chart if you haven't seen yet: http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/buff...d-chart-lc.htm

So just use the UC with orange pad until all swirl marks are gone .. then apply the klasse AIO with the white pad
Old 04-10-2012, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thatnks for the awesome replies. It's a true LC white pad. I never use the pad that came with the XP. Are you guys saying I should be appluying my Meguiars ultimate wax by hand with the foam aplicator and NOT with the white pad? The biggest place I always second guess is the speed setting for each step. The car looks incredible compared to the paint damage it had when I bought it... I am just being picky about the small details
Old 04-10-2012, 10:31 AM

Wax has no cut and the white pad does. It should be applied by hand or with an appropriate pad (Grey, blue, or red). Klasse would be best on the white pad.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cadams05nfr
Thatnks for the awesome replies. It's a true LC white pad. I never use the pad that came with the XP. Are you guys saying I should be appluying my Meguiars ultimate wax by hand with the foam aplicator and NOT with the white pad? The biggest place I always second guess is the speed setting for each step. The car looks incredible compared to the paint damage it had when I bought it... I am just being picky about the small details
For the most part, that's what I'm saying. Honda paint can be fairly soft. Regardless, the white pad is too aggressive for wax application. The foam application by hand was suggested because it seemed like you didn't want to buy the appropriate pad (grey, blue, red, or gold) for machine wax application.

FWIW, if there is something that's really bad, then I use the orange to compound, but for the most part I just use the white and gray pads for polishing the car, and then a red one for sealant application.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:41 PM

i'm usually at 5.5-6 when cutting with aggressive polish and aggressive pad, ~4.5 with finishing polish and 3-4 when applying wax/sealant
Old 04-11-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome guys. No more questions lol. I finally understand thanks a ton!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by cadams05nfr
So I have some swirls in my paint from the previous owner. They aren't super bad but enough to make me go all OCD. I tried meguiars ultimate compound and Klasse AIO with a porter cable and buffing pad. I think it's a lakew country pad if I remember correctly but not super agressize. I think the color MAY have been like a light red but it's hard to tell now where all the oxidation on my mirrors turned the color. So I can't remember which pad it was. But the swirls improved but are still very visible to me. What can I do without spending a ton more? I am topping it off with Meguiars ultimate wax using a finishing pad )I think lakewood country white) and porter cable on like speed 3. I have tried other waxes and sealents (Klasse glaze ps21 and various other things) and prefer the dark red look the Meguiars ultimate wax gives.
I'm with you. So far I have used Zaino Z5 Pro(by hand), Meguiar Swirl(PC Orbital) and Ultimate Compound(PC Orbital). Still have yet to try anything abrasive like Meguiar 105 or Zaino Z-PC. The swirl has lighten up but are still there. I have given up on these swirls(too much work).
Old 04-11-2012, 05:44 PM

^what pad are you using? It may not have enough cut. Don't give up on the swirls! you can save it in about 6 hours! maintaining it is another story lol

Quick Reply: Swirls on NFR