S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Where to get Body Shop equipment

Old 04-16-2006, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would call Amex and have it noted to your account what your dealing with so when you call to conest the charges they have a course of action and all the facts ahead of time. Might save you some time and cash.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:21 AM

Good idea, will do that tommorow.

If I wasnt such a perfectionist, this would be so much easier!!!
Old 04-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by pikkashoe,Apr 16 2006, 12:21 PM
Good idea, will do that tommorow.

If I wasnt such a perfectionist, this would be so much easier!!!
Those wheels should not be that tough to paint. They should be flawless. It is so hard to get things done correctly anymore. I feel your pain. I had to go back three times to Infinity to argue a wheel problem on my G35. I told them it was a wheel bearing. They kept telling me it was my "aftermarket" EBC rotors and green stuff pads. They couldn't get the wheel to make the same noise i could, even when i took them for a ride prior and showed them. Guess what they just replaced on Friday...my front left wheel bearing, problem solved.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:06 AM

Ubetit, I know exactly what you mean, and I feel the same exact way.

My motto these days is, if you want it done right, do it yourself. Im scarred to even take my car in for any factory warranty work after my last incident at the dealer. Thats why I wanted to be able to paint my own wheels.

By the way, no one indicated how much money it would be to get a compressor and spray gun set up! Im just curious to see how much it would be?!?!

I have another issue with my car and warranty, and Im just going to do the work myself (timing chain tensioner failing).
Old 04-16-2006, 12:24 PM

If you do decide to give this a try, check out this site: Autobodydepot They have tons and tons of gear.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:26 PM

After reading Ubetit's link earlier in the thread, I have decided to not pursue this, sounds way more complicated than I initially it would be. I guess Ill have to be satisfied with what ever this guy gives me back.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:09 PM

Well I called amex just to inquire and inform them of my situation. They basically cannot help me. They stated they will try and work something out with the shop. The shop is basically going to tell them to have me bring the wheels in to get repaired!! Whats the point, they will just come back the same way.

I picked up the wheels today, and of course, imperfections everywhere, paint and clear coat that ran on several locations, and some dust particles, and what looks like the glue left from a masking tape job.

I cant send them back either now, my stock tires are bald, so I am basically stuck accepting these crappy repairs!!! Just my luck.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Former Moderator

That sucks. I don't know what else to tell you. The centers should be removed, bead/slag blasted, sprayed in a booth, baked and reassembled. They SHOULD look better than new with a painter that knows what he's doing.

Ever think of getting them powder coated in a bright silver? Less steps and less to go wrong.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:24 PM

Yeah right, not this idiot, he basically probably just sanded the old finish, probably no primer, painted outside with out a booth, and then sent back. This guy sucks, I am furious right now, but not much I can do, Im trying to repair the clear coat runs, but it appears they are not clear that ran, but the actual paint underneath.

Right now I am going to keep them just the way they are, in a couple months if they are still bothering me I will have them powder coated. Dont feel like spending $500 now, and then another $500 in two weeks once they are done at the powder coater. Cant bring myself to do that just yet, I have to let the wheels piss me off for a couple weeks before I can warrant powder coating!
Old 04-17-2006, 06:08 PM

Make sure you file a BIG complaint with the BBB and contact the Attorney General's office... just to let them know that the shop is ripping people off. They will look into it, its their job. I've done it. You may not get anything out of it but you'll know that they got haressed but the Attorney General's office... not a fun visit

Quick Reply: Where to get Body Shop equipment