S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

zaino all-in-one?

Old 07-09-2008, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zaino all-in-one?

i am new to the whole wash/wax world, and i since i just got my s2k, i wanted to invest some time in it now to protect the paint for the long term with easy of use (where i just have to wash it off to keep it clean) over time (its my daily driver, i park it outside, and i dont have a lot of time to keep it in tip top shape aside from throwing the car cover on).

seems like the consensus is zaino would be the best for me....
while checking out there website - i saw a product called zaino All in one...and the zaino Z-CS

anyone have any experience with either of these (i didnt see anything in search, maybe i just suck at it.)

also - if i do the full zaino line once, could i just keep reusing the z6 for the rest of all eternity (or at least try and go 1 yr between re-zaino-ings/additional coats?)

thanks in advance.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hi, my name is wanabe
it has been at least 2 hours since my last detail
i am a zainoholic

that said, i also use the best products that i can find for each step of the way...
last friday i decided that my paint was begining to show some dullness (wax build up over my zaino), so it was time for a paint cleaning. i did not turn to zaino for the solution, but instead went to menzerna. fantastic experience-
for polish, menzernas cant be beat. and for a black car, i love zaino as the synthetic. i put on a few coats of z2 and then the final coat is carnauba (p21s or lusso oro are now my favs).

z6 does o.k. over zaino- i use 3 or 4 diff detail sprays... depending on whether i want wax in the spray, syntetic (z6) or nothing-

to help you along the way, how is your paint now (after you wash and dry it)?
smooth or rough to the touch?
swirled or clear paint?

another choice for someone new at this is the 3m glaze- pretty easy to use (you do need a machine), and it works well for awhile. more info:

http://properautocare.com/3mperswirmar.html

note that i used 3m, zaino and p21s on the car in that ad- they dont sell zaino so they skipped that part!!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:14 AM

smooth paint, but there are some swirls from the previous owner on parts of the car....

but yeah - zaino all in one followed by z6 seems kinda like what i would like to do (just to reduce the # of steps / cost)

any thoughts?

thanks again for all the help!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nicksain,Jul 9 2008, 10:14 AM
smooth paint, but there are some swirls from the previous owner on parts of the car....

but yeah - zaino all in one followed by z6 seems kinda like what i would like to do (just to reduce the # of steps / cost)

any thoughts?

thanks again for all the help!
you can go that route...

and i am hoping that one of our members with z-aio experience will post up-
i have read mixed reviews-

...easy to use- machine is best for swirls
some really like the shine, and others were not as impressed...
Old 07-09-2008, 04:34 PM

Z-AIO is a one step solution sealant.

Now honestly, I think Sal Zaino has way too many products that have been renamed and do the same thing. I mean, if you can use Z-AIO instead of manually mixing ZFX and Z2, why make three products?

I have used both Z-AIO and Z2+ZFX, and I must say I cannot tell any difference in terms of protection, beading, and longevity.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:40 PM

i have been using zaino aio for a few months now and it does a great job. easy to put on by hand. makes everything seem simpler imo.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:15 PM

awesome. thanks for the advice --

have any secret tips to putting z-aio on / applying it to get the best results?
thanks!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:51 PM

Zaino made a believer out of me about 3 years ago and now I am a zainoaholic.....I use AIO 2 times a year on my dailer driver (07 Honda Pilot) and maintain it with Z-6 after washes with the ocassional Grand Finale Spray for some extra shine and protection....the S2k gets Z-5, Z-2, Z-6, and Grand Finale Spray as much as I can apply it.....I have owned my S for 6 weeks and currently have 3 coats of Z-5 and 9 coats of Z-2 on it along with about 25 wipedowns with Z-6.....the more layers you apply the deeper the shine gets!!!!!!!

As far as applying the AIO....just put a X on the cotton applicator that the AIO comes with and apply in about 2x2 foot sections to the car....specific motions are not necesary(circular or back and forth will work)....let dry to a haze(about 20 mins or so) and buff off with your favorite microfiber...it really is easy and I apply there product to all parts of the car including lights, moldings, etc.....makes the moldings shine great and it doesn't run off in the rain like alot of "back to black type" products do on moldings.

Good luck and post some pics before and after!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:01 PM

will do on the pics

I just ordered z-aio, z5, and a bunch of z6 (i have a feeling i wont be z-aio'ing/z5ing much)
Old 07-10-2008, 03:37 PM

^^^ good luck with it!! u'll love it! My advice for zaino is prep prep prep. It makes all the difference on how it's going to turn out.

Quick Reply: zaino all-in-one?