San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

*****INDY DRIVERS MUST READ*****

Old 10-12-2011, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Back-cracker
Originally Posted by TurboViper' timestamp='1318466522' post='21065135
[quote name='Back-cracker' timestamp='1318464990' post='21065074']
[quote name='TurboViper' timestamp='1318464074' post='21065024']
Since your getting a spare after already using 3 on yours how come we only get one shot?

Especially since theres $150 and being in the event riding on getting them right.. How come Honda can't just do them at the event for everyone like there doing for some of the people driving?
Gavin,

They sent me 2 spares as requested b/c I told them I was going to experiment on my car 1st, so I can inform the members how about doing it. They won't sent us 160 sets for 35 cars in the race. The shipping alone to me is over 400.00.

The 150.00 deposit has nothing to do with it. All you need to do is show up at the correct time on Sunday. DQ or not, you get a refund.

Brad will see how we install it today and teach you guys how to install.

No worries
BC,

Thanks for the explination, I was just curious

I'm going to pay and have mine professionally installed so there's no mistakes!

-Gavin
[/quote]

Gavin,

Don't worry

You won't need a pro installer. I'm the worst butter finger and I still got all of them correct except for the big one. brad and I will learn it tonight, you will be fine.
[/quote]

Okay thanks! I was gonna try the trick to do window tint perfectly where you use soapy water out of a spray bottle on the back of the sticker and then apply it and slowly push the water out from center working your way out.. I heard that works for everything from window tint, to stickers and vynl...

input anyone?
Old 10-12-2011, 05:11 PM

Thats always worked for me gavin. Oh and im gonna need a new shop sticker since im gonna have to take mine off for vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by bigjeff808
Thats always worked for me gavin. Oh and im gonna need a new shop sticker since im gonna have to take mine off for vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course, anyone that needs to replace there IM stickers after this event just PM me and I'll get you one
Old 10-12-2011, 10:12 PM

UPDATE

I have your stickers. I will be going into work early again so we can all meet at the meet spot at 4pm

IF YOU CAN BE THERE AT 4 BE THERE!!!!!

i dont want to spend my whole evening night doing vinyl lol. so please show up as early as possible. i will be leaving by 9pm. The vinyl needs time to dry before you can peel of the backing and drive, so take this into account.

If for whatever reason you cannot be at the meet spot before 7 then come before 9 and i can give you the vinyl. you will be transporting this and applying it at your own risk.

i dont mean for this post to come off as rude, but it is what is. please show up on time if you can. or bring lots of beer or food to entice me into staying longer ha! (im serious)
Old 10-12-2011, 10:17 PM

please update if applicable

26. Bradskee - silverstone (Thursday Night 4pm)
5. Carbon Blue-Berlina Black (Thursday Night 5pm)
41. Bigjeff808 - gpw (Thursday Night 5pm)
19. bdo - Sebring (thursday night 7pm)
10. ScandinavianFlick- red
9. Glenn6one9-SilverStone (Hopefully Thursday)
43. MAYKOVER-GPW (Thursday 5 pm @ Tech house) so excited!

I dropped off gavins vinyl on my way home from picking it up. if you can show up early please do, and please lend a hand to those who show up after you finish
Old 10-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Vital piece of information is sent. If you did not get it (because you took yourself off the list), do not PM me. Ask another peer to forward it.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:36 AM
bdo

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quick "public service announcement" I just thought of: There is practically no water available at the speedway except absurdly priced small bottles. NO drinking fountains etc to be found, anywhere. Very annoying. We may have access to a VIP area that has something, but I'm certainly not counting on it. It's going to be a long hot day, so unless you want to be buying 14oz Dasanis all day for $8 each, BRING WATER.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:42 AM
bdo

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bradskee
UPDATE

I have your stickers. I will be going into work early again so we can all meet at the meet spot at 4pm

IF YOU CAN BE THERE AT 4 BE THERE!!!!!

i dont want to spend my whole evening night doing vinyl lol. so please show up as early as possible. i will be leaving by 9pm. The vinyl needs time to dry before you can peel of the backing and drive, so take this into account.

If for whatever reason you cannot be at the meet spot before 7 then come before 9 and i can give you the vinyl. you will be transporting this and applying it at your own risk.

i dont mean for this post to come off as rude, but it is what is. please show up on time if you can. or bring lots of beer or food to entice me into staying longer ha! (im serious)
What kind of beer and -- hmm -- Mexican food(?) do you like? On a serious note, I don't think you're being rude. This thing has been a bit chaotic and stressful and the pressure is on. So thanks for hosting the meet.

I'm gonna get out of work as early as possible. If it looks like I'm going to be later than about 7 I'll text you first. If I have to, I'll just pick it up and put it on either tomorrow or at the event. Would rather have some experienced help though if possible.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:28 AM

goin to raise my car and change oil, and wash my car. i should be there around 5pm still, i'll txt you if anything changes.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by bdo
Quick "public service announcement" I just thought of: There is practically no water available at the speedway except absurdly priced small bottles. NO drinking fountains etc to be found, anywhere. Very annoying. We may have access to a VIP area that has something, but I'm certainly not counting on it. It's going to be a long hot day, so unless you want to be buying 14oz Dasanis all day for $8 each, BRING WATER.
I was just reading the rules for the speedway and they prohibit outside food and beverages as well as umbrellas...

Quick Reply: *****INDY DRIVERS MUST READ*****