San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Need help from the SD locals

Old 05-31-2006, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help from the SD locals

Ok all, I'm going to give everyone a break from discussing shady business practices and the like.

Has anyone ever stayed on Shelter Island? Is it a nice place? I'm thinking of making a trip down to SD with my family, and we were thinking about getting a hotel on the Island. (It's not really an Island, is it?) I was supposed to go visit on Memorial Day, but didn't make it all the way down, so I thought I'd ask you guys.

Any experiences or opinions about hotels on Shelter Island?

Thanks!!!

Old 05-31-2006, 06:54 PM

its not really an island. theres really nothing special about shelter island other then drunken high dchool nites lol. coronado island tats different story hotel del i real nice
Old 06-01-2006, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, Humphrey's on Shelter Island is nice - and they've always got some good music (it's a hotel/restaurant/concert venue). There's a good restaurant, Bali Hai over there too - less than a block from Humphrey's.
Now Fiesta Island is the drunken party place (hence the name?)
nate
Old 06-01-2006, 09:16 AM

Shannon!

Hmm... so would you recommend a family stay on Shelter Island for a couple days? Or is it just worth visiting?
Old 06-01-2006, 09:23 AM

shelter island is the fishing hub of san diego, where all the boats come and go. it is not an island, but more like a jetty or coast front docking area, part of point loma ...

as shannon said, humphrey's is certainly the class of the area, but i am sure not cheap either. they have a nice hotel and restuarant, and in the summer i believe music or concerts every night.

it really depends on what you are looking to get out of your trip to SD? shelter island is not really central to a lot of things, but better than staying in mission valley or some boring area.

and unless you are a fisherman, shelter island is not really worth visiting per se, it is not the zoo or sea world or old town or anything...

tell us what you are looking to do or get out of your trip, and maybe we can better advise where to stay. The Hilton on Mission Bay would be a great place if there is any availability....
Old 06-01-2006, 09:26 AM

shelter island is aiiiight. haha i use to fish out there when i was a youngling. I say you should go out to Paradise Cove. Now that is nice.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:32 AM

Shelter island is aiiiight. I use to fish there when I was a youngling.

You should find a hotel in La Jolla by the Cove. It's Top dollar,but there's plenty of things you can do around that area. Soo Soo nice.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:41 AM

alright double triple posters !!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:08 AM

sorry bout the double/triple's the site kept giving me errors, so i didnt think it went through...

Old 06-01-2006, 03:11 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I think we're just looking for a place to stay during our family outings... you know, Sea World, Wild Animal Park, etc. etc.

Is it at least a nice view or something? I doubt we'll be spending much time IN or AT the hotel, but it'd be cool to have a nice view.

We're actually looking in La Jolla as well... so we might end up there.

Quick Reply: Need help from the SD locals