Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

midwesta (SPONSOR) negative feedback

Old 07-30-2010, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default midwesta (SPONSOR) negative feedback

Short story:

I purchased an air pump from midwesta last fall. The air pump arrived broken and midwesta agreed to offer me a refund but never actually refunded the money. At first he kept giving me excuses about not having any money because he had to pay shop bills. It has since been many months later and he now ignores all of my PM's.

Here's the long story:

1) I bought an air pump from Midwesta last fall.
2) It arrived in a box but I never bothered to open it because my car was already put away for winter. (I assumed he wouldn't rip me off because he was a site sponsor.)
3) When spring came around, I pulled the box out and found the airpump inlet was broken off. I searched the box for the broken part but it was nowhere to be found. This was how I figured the air pump was already broken before Midwesta shipped it out to me. Shipping insurance never would have covered the airpump either since the broken off part was never in the box to begin with.
4) I sent Midwesta a PM explaining to him what happened. It was my fault for not noticing the broken air pump until several months later but he acted very nice and offered me a refund.
5) I gave him my paypal address etc so he could look up the transaction to do the refund, but the refund never happened.
6) After a few weeks I followed up and asked him what's going on. I didn't get a reply.
7) I PM'ed him a few more times and he finally replied. He claimed that he didn't have the money because he had shop bills to pay. He said he'll pay me later.
8) Many weeks go by and I still didn't get a refund. I tried PM'ing him several times but he won't reply anymore
9) It has now been several more months later and still no refund or reply from Midwesta. I don't expect him to pay up anymore but figured the rest of the s2ki community could benefit from this feedback left for him.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:22 AM

While I truly believe that it is the buyers responsibility to check a package when it arrives for damages. If he indeed offered you the refund after that time, he is assuming the responsibility for the damage and should refund you the money. Good luck getting it back.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by 305s2k,Jul 31 2010, 09:22 AM
While I truly believe that it is the buyers responsibility to check a package when it arrives for damages. If he indeed offered you the refund after that time, he is assuming the responsibility for the damage and should refund you the money. Good luck getting it back.
that's the thing...he DID offer the refund, except i got nothing but the runaround and no replies to my follow-up PM's.

actually, he did finally reply back to me yesterday after I sent him a PM informing him that i've left negative feedback. the fact he got back to me so soon compared to all those other times just confirms that he was purposely ignoring me before.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by GT Motoring,Aug 2 2010, 07:25 AM
I have forwarded this to Midwesta to take care of this issue. this was a personal part of his sold to you, and not from our business.

I do agree that you should have checked out the part a long time ago for any damage or missing parts. From a sellers perspective, it can look fishy that this comes up like 6 months later.
midwesta already knows about the feedback because I already informed him about it via PM.

as for your comment about this being a personal deal, i had no idea this was the case because:
1) midwesta had several air pumps up for sale (something a business would do).
2) midwesta's username status said "sponsor"
3) he never informed me it was a personal sale

so technically, it was NOT a personal sale. if you want to point fingers, you can blame midwesta for misusing your company's name. maybe midwesta's sponsor status should be removed from his username if he's using the account for personal sales?

unfortunately, nothing has been done to fix the matter so i'm still not happy with midwesta or your company....
Old 08-09-2010, 06:11 PM

First off, this was a personal sale and had NOTHING to do with GT Motoring.

I had multiple air pumps for sale because at the time I had multiple S2000's. I had two Air Pumps for sale.

At the time it was first come first serve. I was getting a lot of PM's about the pumps so I told everyone the price and my paypal address. My PERSONAL paypal address. NOT GT Motoring's paypal address. I sold one pump right away and the second pump a few people were interested in it. I had told all of those people the price and if they wanted it to paypal me. I told one guy the price and he decided to wait a week and paypal me without even notifying me. This was the same day turbo slug paid. So I received two payments for one pump. A friend, who is also a site moderator was with me at the time I received the payments and he told me not to worry about it because he also had a pump for sale and I just bought his. All three pumps I shipped out were in perfect condition as they were removed from running cars. They were not from crashed cars or cars being parted out.

So I got a PM from turbo slug months after he received the item claiming it was broken. I asked to see a picture and told him I would see what I could do. After talking to my friend and confirming what I knew to be true that his pump was in perfect condition and so were the two I sold I decided not to refund turbo slug because I thought maybe he just installed my good pump and wanted to send me back the pump from his car that was broken in an accident or something.

If he would have opened the package the day he got it, which seems strange for someone not to do, then we could have handled this accordingly through the shipping company if in fact the pump I sold had arrived damaged.

I have also directed the moderator who owned the air pump to this thread as well.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:17 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Old 08-10-2010, 09:12 AM

[QUOTE=Luder94,Aug 10 2010, 07:16 AM] Now onto the transaction itself, this may be the pump I sold toMidwesta.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by midwesta,Aug 9 2010, 06:11 PM
So I got a PM from turbo slug months after he received the item claiming it was broken. I asked to see a picture and told him I would see what I could do. After talking to my friend and confirming what I knew to be true that his pump was in perfect condition and so were the two I sold I decided not to refund turbo slug because I thought maybe he just installed my good pump and wanted to send me back the pump from his car that was broken in an accident or something.

If he would have opened the package the day he got it, which seems strange for someone not to do, then we could have handled this accordingly through the shipping company if in fact the pump I sold had arrived damaged.

I have also directed the moderator who owned the air pump to this thread as well.
1) you did NOT ask me to take any photos. in my email to you, i had already included the photo of the damaged air pump.

2) if you decided to not give me a refund, then why did you go on w/ lies that you were going to send the refund? you could have ended everything by denying the refund since i was late in telling you the pump was broken. now that sounds fishy to me!! perhaps you knew the pump was broken and the lies were a panic move to cover things up and hope i'd go away? anyway, this is the BIGGEST PROBLEM w/ the transaction with you. it's not the fact that you refuse to issue the refund but the fact that you keep giving me the runaround about things. this is what makes you sound like a dishonest seller that's out to scam people.

3) as for claiming shipping insurance on the broken pump, that NEVER would have worked because THE BROKEN PIECE WAS NEVER IN THE BOX. i'd get denied coverage the moment they find out that i can't come up w/ the piece that had broken off and gone missing.

4) in your first PM response to me after i told you that the pump was broken, you told me that you sold many pumps and that there's no way you could tell which one was sent to me. now you claim the pump was luder94's pump. this doesn't sound right. is this another lie?