Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

My Experience with GTMotoring

Old 06-29-2015, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Experience with GTMotoring

Hey guys wanted to let everyone know my recent experence with GTMotoring so i can save some of you huge headaches. I placed an order on April 2nd for a Challenge 76TA-S exhaust. Called Greg over there and he informed me that exhaust are made to order and would ship within 3-4 weeks. I was fine with that because i was going on a vacation in a month and would not be installing it until I got back.

May 7th- Left him a voicemail asking how much longer the exhaust should take. He replied back to me with an email that read,
"James

Exhausts are currently in a semi assembled state and tack welded up awaiting finish welding. Our fabrication staff got called out of the shop for some pro race support this week so I'm trying to still find out when they can confidentially get them completed for us so i can pass on an accurate ETA for you."

I was sorta excited because awaiting tack welding means it should be done ASAP right?

May 18- I sent Greg an email asking any updates? Never got a response and no one is picking the phone up at his shop.

June 3rd- Tried calling him several times up to this point. My phone calls started going to his voicemail with no response. At this point im furious. I started to get that feeling in my stomach that Greg has been playing me this entire time and that he has not even started making the exhaust for me. Because that would mean that "exhaust awating tack welding" have been sitting for a month. Sent him this email,

"Greg

What is going on? Never dealt with a business that ignores phone calls, voicemails and emails. Why does your phone line go straight to voicemail. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting scammed. You quoted me 3-4 weeks for the exhaust to be shipped to me. It's been over 4 months! It's been almost a month since you told me they were awaiting finish welding. Greg get back to me ASAP. Was going to review this product on s2ki too... "

After that i got a prompt reply the following day saying,
"James,

I am away on a development trip until Saturday. I have just been pressed
for time with the travel and on the road. If you need, i can refund the
order until I have a firm date i can stand by. I will still keep the
order in line or process though for you. Let me know please."

I Send a reply email asking for a refund June 5th and i have not received anything.

June 10 Greg replies
"James,

We transferred funds to our account Monday to process this. Should clear
sometime tomorrow to be able to refund via paypal for you."

It is now June 29. I've sent him several emails since then with my paypal information etc. no response. His business phone goes straight to voicemail. He has been ignoring me since then. This whole experience with GTMotoring and with Greg has been awful and now i am going to have to fight for my $900 back. Sorry for the long post but i wanted to hopefully save you guys the hassle of going thru these guys. Never dealt with a company this bad before.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:53 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Way too many of these reviews from them. I wonder why people still try and order from them. Good luck.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:04 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Way too many of these reviews from them. I wonder why people still try and order from them. Good luck.
It's like the circuit garage over fenders, when someone wants something they are willing to risk more than what its worth.

I do love gambling but not with my car parts.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:17 AM

I ordered a seat rail from them and they we're back ordered. Finally emailed me when they should be in stock, waited like two more weeks and still no tracking number. Had to email them and ask what was going on and got a tracking number later that day. I shouldn't have to ask for my package to be shipped.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:28 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

You should post in here also: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/953007-gt-motoring/
Old 06-29-2015, 08:37 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

for some reason greg use to be really good but lately he has been falling off the ball. he is one of the shops that is outside of california so i dont have to pay tax.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:47 AM

this generally sums up my experience with gtmotoring as well. (on multiple occasions, yes, I was dumb enough to not only give them a second, but a third try.)
Old 06-29-2015, 09:01 AM
Site Moderator

Received 349 Likes on 303 Posts

Moved to seller feedback.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:28 AM

Yeah my TA-R exhaust took right at 4 months when I was quoted half of that. Reading through others experiences I expected that though. Still not ideal obviously, bu it fell in line with what I expected. I bought brake lines from them a month and a half ago and hose came in around 4 days after I placed the order.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:25 PM

Received 1,292 Likes on 970 Posts

Same story when I tried to order Willans harnesses. Basically gave him an interest free loan for 10 weeks. Originally quoted 3-4 weeks. Awful response times. Hard to get a hold of. No "hey,I'm sorry I didn't get back to you on time for the 3rd time". Just a bunch of excuses. No harnesses. Got stiffed on my order. He finally refunded me because "he couldn't ask me to wait any longer".

Quick Reply: My Experience with GTMotoring