Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

Poor experience with EuroBoutique

Old 03-10-2020, 09:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Poor experience with EuroBoutique

Just wanted to let everyone know about my poor experience with EuroBoutique. Back in mid December my girlfriend ordered a part from their website as a surprise gift for me. It was a part that must be fabricated (I guess they don't keep the carbon fiber stuff in stock), and would not arrive in time for Christmas, no problem.

Dec 27th - E-mails to check status as no communication has been issued. They respond saying it's on the list for production, no problem.
Jan 22 - E-mails them again to check on status. They get back and say they are getting ready to make the mold and would send updates with status.
Mar 7th - Not a single further communication from the seller. She finally tells me about the order and the trouble she is having. Unfortunately, I was already planning to sell my car and wouldn't even need the part at this point anyway, so I told her that the long wait and lack of communication is kind of ridiculous and to just cancel if they aren't going to bother to keep us updated. She sends the e-mail telling them to cancel as it's been far too long.
Mar 10th - They respond and SUDDENLY say that the product is done and ready to ship. Odd that there was zero communication until the very moment she requested a cancellation. On top of it all, they say that they are going to charge a 20% "restocking" fee. I am really confused how you can charge a "restocking" fee on something that hasn't left your stock yet. This seems extremely shady and I think the seller is being dishonest.

I am really highly unsatisfied with how they have handled this order, and I hope this gives some insight on how they do business. For the amount of money that they charge for their products, I expected better service.

Avoid!
The following users liked this post:
Chris_Lum (03-12-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 09:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2Kikaider
Just wanted to let everyone know about my poor experience with EuroBoutique. Back in mid December my girlfriend ordered a part from their website as a surprise gift for me. It was a part that must be fabricated (I guess they don't keep the carbon fiber stuff in stock), and would not arrive in time for Christmas, no problem.

Dec 27th - E-mails to check status as no communication has been issued. They respond saying it's on the list for production, no problem.
Jan 22 - E-mails them again to check on status. They get back and say they are getting ready to make the mold and would send updates with status.
Mar 7th - Not a single further communication from the seller. She finally tells me about the order and the trouble she is having. Unfortunately, I was already planning to sell my car and wouldn't even need the part at this point anyway, so I told her that the long wait and lack of communication is kind of ridiculous and to just cancel if they aren't going to bother to keep us updated. She sends the e-mail telling them to cancel as it's been far too long.
Mar 10th - They respond and SUDDENLY say that the product is done and ready to ship. Odd that there was zero communication until the very moment she requested a cancellation. On top of it all, they say that they are going to charge a 20% "restocking" fee. I am really confused how you can charge a "restocking" fee on something that hasn't left your stock yet. This seems extremely shady and I think the seller is being dishonest.

I am really highly unsatisfied with how they have handled this order, and I hope this gives some insight on how they do business. For the amount of money that they charge for their products, I expected better service.

Avoid!
Pretty odd that you chose this as your first post. Carbon Fiber anything is not something that I would want stocked. Stock sitting around is stock not making money.
I did a little verification on the website. Whois Lookup Captcha They seem legit (as in, not brand new this year and not expiring after 365 days).
You selling your car is not this company's problem. Yeah, it sucks that they're hitting you with a 20% restocking fee, but that's really not their problem. Sorry you feel you got burned, but I am siding with the seller until there's more supporting feedback from vetted members on here.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:20 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

Did she pay credit? Take it up with the cc company.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by ROFL it's Waffle
Pretty odd that you chose this as your first post. Carbon Fiber anything is not something that I would want stocked. Stock sitting around is stock not making money.
I did a little verification on the website. Whois Lookup Captcha They seem legit (as in, not brand new this year and not expiring after 365 days).
You selling your car is not this company's problem. Yeah, it sucks that they're hitting you with a 20% restocking fee, but that's really not their problem. Sorry you feel you got burned, but I am siding with the seller until there's more supporting feedback from vetted members on here.
Hello There,

I think you are completely misunderstanding. I never said that their entire business was not real, I am just stating that they have really shady practices and do dishonest things. I have found evidence elsewhere that others have had bad experiences with them as well. Also, you have what I would consider backwards logic when it comes to who's responsible for what in a business transaction. It is not the responsibility of the seller that I am getting rid of my car, you are correct, but that has literally nothing to do with a cancelled order, I was merely including it as one of multiple reasons for my cancellation for context. The main issue is how long it has taken to process the order + lack of communication when the seller advised that they would provide communication. It's not the buyer's fault that the seller doesn't keep parts in stock. An order has NOT been fulfilled, not even shipped, and a cancellation was requested. It's not legal (or moral) to charge restocking fees on merchandise that has not left the possession of the seller. Restocking fees are for sellers to recoup losses on having to resell used goods for a reduces price. In this case, no item has left their stock, so the stock can still be sold as new at full price. If anything, the next order for that part will get a quick turn around. The truth is, they are just using this so called "restocking fee" as a deterrent and trying to strong arm someone into not cancelling an order.

I don't mean you any ill will, but your remark is highly anti consumer. Also I'm not sure how my first post is odd? I don't use forums very much and this is the first time I had a reason to make any comment, I don't post just to post. Also, I have done business with a member on this forum before, but it was all via PM, so I am not exactly new either. My post here is merely for education to those who are considering doing business with this vendor, because I think it's important for this type of feedback to be public.

If you look at this situation and personally don't have an issue, go ahead and buy from them, but I am sure plenty would hate to have to wait (literally) 3 months on a single part with virtually no communication from a seller and be told there is a restocking fee for something they never received!

Terrible business.

Last edited by S2Kikaider; 03-11-2020 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso
Did she pay credit? Take it up with the cc company.
No, but I wish she had. She used paypal, so she is taking it up with their case system. That's like rolling the dice unfortunately!
Old 03-11-2020, 10:35 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,607 Likes on 1,910 Posts

What is EuroBoutique's policy on their site in terms to made to order parts?

Most of us here have had to wait months for certain items, longer for custom parts. If I canceled an order on a custom item I would expect a restock fee, or even told no to a refund at all.

What item/part did you order?
Old 03-11-2020, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
What is EuroBoutique's policy on their site in terms to made to order parts?

Most of us here have had to wait months for certain items, longer for custom parts. If I canceled an order on a custom item I would expect a restock fee, or even told no to a refund at all.

What item/part did you order?
Hey there Sam,

It was their standard carbon fiber trim piece that goes around the shifter area. I keep hearing the word "custom" get thrown around, but as far as I am aware, these parts are standard and will fit all models of the same type. It's not like this is made to fit a single specific car, correct? I am not an expert on this sort of stuff, but I am baffled why it would take 3 months to fabricate something so small.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:52 AM
Site Moderator

Hey there Sam,

It was their standard carbon fiber trim piece that goes around the shifter area. I keep hearing the word "custom" get thrown around, but as far as I am aware, these parts are standard and will fit all models of the same type. It's not like this is made to fit a single specific car, correct? I am not an expert on this sort of stuff, but I am baffled why it would take 3 months to fabricate something so small.
Most of their stuff is considered "custom" as it isn't a standard OE type part. I would check the terms of sale on their website.

Lead times can be long if you don't make the part yourself and rely on a vendor/fabricator for the part(s). I don't know where their stuff is made (or by whom) so I cannot comment on that. Again, I would check their website for terms of sale.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Most of their stuff is considered "custom" as it isn't a standard OE type part. I would check the terms of sale on their website.

Lead times can be long if you don't make the part yourself and rely on a vendor/fabricator for the part(s). I don't know where their stuff is made (or by whom) so I cannot comment on that. Again, I would check their website for terms of sale.
Thanks for the feedback. I checked and couldn't find any special terms of service regarding this.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:02 AM
Site Moderator

Thanks for the feedback. I checked and couldn't find any special terms of service regarding this.
Where is it stated there is a restocking fee?

If it's only in their email, and not in their terms of sale (prior to taking your money) they have no leg to stand on. Terms of sale/service must be shown on the website somewhere (to protect themselves and you) so that you know their policies.

Quick Reply: Poor experience with EuroBoutique