UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Wanting to Roll my rear arches by archenemy any group interest?

Old 05-20-2017, 07:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wanting to Roll my rear arches by archenemy any group interest?

Hi I'm looking to get my rear arches rolled and it would work out cheaper if I could organise anyone else to join me? As I'm based in Manchester this is difficult for him to do because of distance but if anyone else is interested please comment and we can get into touch. Thanks
Old 05-20-2017, 08:40 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

i was told they did the ones on my SC car. they were f*cking awful.. rolled by Stevie Wonder on roids
Old 05-20-2017, 08:54 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've had a previous car done by them ..... it all depends who's doing it . I could have done a better job myself .

On the s2k I'd be more inclined to trim the lip back , rather than role ,due to the twin skin construction. Which can easily be done yourself.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
i was told they did the ones on my SC car. they were f*cking awful.. rolled by Stevie Wonder on roids
ohh god that doesn't sound good. Could you recommend anyone. Prices doesn't matter as long as the job is 110%
Old 05-20-2017, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bodyboarder1981
I've had a previous car done by them ..... it all depends who's doing it . I could have done a better job myself .

On the s2k I'd be more inclined to trim the lip back , rather than role ,due to the twin skin construction. Which can easily be done yourself.
well suppose to be Phil. Like I said I'm still searching around but keep getting pointed to them. The job needs to be 110%. If I was gonna trim the arches I'd go over fenders but I'm not looking to cut the body as the car is a rare find
Old 05-20-2017, 11:35 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by KW888
well suppose to be Phil. Like I said I'm still searching around but keep getting pointed to them. The job needs to be 110%. If I was gonna trim the arches I'd go over fenders but I'm not looking to cut the body as the car is a rare find
what I'm trying to say is , if you have the arches rolled and it cracks the paint ( arch enemy or any other company ) won't rectify the damage and they will make you aware of that even before they start the job . Trimming the underside of the lip or rolling the arches is still modified the car and body work .
Old 05-20-2017, 11:48 PM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

I've seen youtube videos of professional jobs and they do it very well.

Equally mine have not been done by someone who knows wtf he's doing, they are inconsistent, poorly finished and have cracked paint.

You need a solid recommendation KW, good luck
The following users liked this post:
KW888 (05-22-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 11:06 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Its really easy. Buy a roller and a heat gun and do it yourself. just take your time and get lots of heat into the panel. Also the fronts don't really need doing, you can just trim the tabs off.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:41 AM

Yea bro I know what you mean. I've spent that much on parts etc and everything has to be perfect. But tbh I haven't a clue of anyone in the uk Manchester direction who has a recommendation tbh. From my exp so far on other things they are all rubbish and haven't a clue.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by har-vey
Its really easy. Buy a roller and a heat gun and do it yourself. just take your time and get lots of heat into the panel. Also the fronts don't really need doing, you can just trim the tabs off.
im not too worried abt the front bro. Just the rears. Not stancing it but I have the ideal height and wheel fitment. I'm a detailer and have done bodywork long time ago but guess I'm not confiedent in rolling my own arches tbh

Quick Reply: Wanting to Roll my rear arches by archenemy any group interest?