S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Wilwood 6 pistons on factory wheels

Old 06-15-2019, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wilwood 6 pistons on factory wheels

I have an AP2 on the factory AP2 V2 wheels and am buying the 6piston wilwood kit I looked up this topic but nobody has the factory wheels with them, and if I need a spacer from what I’m hearing 3mm is the largest I should run. However idk what’s a good spacer to use ? Any advice is appreciated
Old 06-16-2019, 01:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 4 piston forged Dynalites and they needed a 10mm spacer to clear my AP2v3's. I used Ichiba 10mm spacers and replaced the hub so I could press in the longer studs. Not exactly the feedback you needed but hopefully it helps.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:49 PM

Ok so not that anyone has looked at this lol but I’ve ordered it all and have come up with what is needed after doing the Big break cit. BBC . So when you order the BBC wilwood says it fits most cars . Well not ours . When you do this you will be adding spacers studs ect. What I have done is replaced all four wheel bearings and put in extended wheel studs all the way around I put a 3mm and 8mm spacer on the back however in the front I put the 3mm on the wheel hub then the rotor then the 8mm on the face of the rotor . This is ok because the kit allows for adjustments in caliper position in relation to the rotor . This allows space between the OEM wheels and caliper. It also creates space between the heat shield.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:36 AM

Received 1,333 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Um, several things. First, thanks! This is valuable info for the community.

Next, its a Big Brake KIT. BBK. BBC has a completely different connotation, which I urge you not to Google from a work computer.

Lastly, I'm confused about the spacer behind the rotor. Why was that used? It doesn't add any clearance between wheel and caliper. I see you mentioned adding clearance to splash shield. Was adding clearance between rotor and shield necessary for some reason? Please elaborate on the reason for adding spacer between rotor and hub.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:35 PM

Absolutely!! It feels nice being able to help someone lol. So the reason for the spacer behind the rotor ... I have Hardrace inner/outer tie rods and the outer tie rod has a rubber boot around it to protect the spherical bearing that is now your outer tie rod. The rotor would rub the factory heat shield so in my impatience I cut the OEM heat shield off, well the rotor then just ever so slightly was contacting that Hardrace tie rod end boot. So I then put the wheel on to check clearance of the caliper of my OEM wheel and it was less than a bank cards thickness. So I took the wheel off and studied the car and came To the conclusion of 3mm spacer behind the rotor which would leave enough of the wheel hub inner ring for the rotor to line up on plus the additional 8mm spacer which would go in the conventional location. But to do this I needed extended studs to fit it all on. Well I’ve seen a video where a guy grinds his hub down to fit the studs without actually pressing them out and that kinda goes against a personal thing of mine which is take pride in your work so the next person who looks at it will think .. that’s done right.. but anyway new bearings new studs all the was around and a BBC up front lol. I hope this explains it for you
Old 07-24-2019, 05:47 PM

Absolutely!! It feels nice being able to help someone lol. So the reason for the spacer behind the rotor ... I have Hardrace inner/outer tie rods and the outer tie rod has a rubber boot around it to protect the spherical bearing that is now your outer tie rod. The rotor would rub the factory heat shield so in my impatience I cut the OEM heat shield off, well the rotor then just ever so slightly was contacting that Hardrace tie rod end boot. So I then put the wheel on to check clearance of the caliper of my OEM wheel and it was less than a bank cards thickness. So I took the wheel off and studied the car and came To the conclusion of 3mm spacer behind the rotor which would leave enough of the wheel hub inner ring for the rotor to line up on plus the additional 8mm spacer which would go in the conventional location. But to do this I needed extended studs to fit it all on. Well I’ve seen a video where a guy grinds his hub down to fit the studs without actually pressing them out and that kinda goes against a personal thing of mine which is take pride in your work so the next person who looks at it will think .. that’s done right.. but anyway new bearings new studs all the was around and a BBC up front lol. I hope this explains it for you
Old 07-24-2019, 06:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Car Analogy

Next, its a Big Brake KIT. BBK. BBC has a completely different connotation, which I urge you not to Google from a work computer.

LOL
Old 07-25-2019, 02:14 AM

Received 430 Likes on 366 Posts

Is your rotors really centered correctly inside the caliper now with that 3mm spacer on the inside?
Old 07-25-2019, 07:35 AM

Received 1,333 Likes on 1,005 Posts

He said caliper position is adjustable...
Old 07-25-2019, 08:50 PM

The rotor is centered inside the caliper due to the adjustable caliper attachment bracket. Which attaches the caliper to the hub. The bolts are spaced with shims between the brackets and hubs

Quick Reply: Wilwood 6 pistons on factory wheels