Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advan TC- 4 Questions

Old 04-02-2024, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advan TC- 4 Questions

Hi Guys,

New here and I had a 2 questions after digging through the wealth of information available in the forums as well as the wheel guides.

First question I wanted to get an idea of how flush and lowered this setup would look. Currently I'm on Ohlins on 215/45 front 245/40 rear staggered all oem fitment as of now. I plan on lowered the car very slightly no more then 30mm based on a setup I saw from LHT performance. I'm much more of a visual person and my understanding of at least this setup (TC-4 17 17x7.5 +48 front 17x8.5 + 50) would get me fairly flush with my fenders as well as not needing to roll my fenders at all with enough clearance. Im using these 2 resources as my guide. S2ki Wheel guide - starting point to see what fits. I also found this not sure how accurate it is but gave me an idea of a nice visual chart to see at least what my clearance looked like. Fitment Reference. Op deleted his account so I'm unable to credit him for this resource. currently just based on my limited understanding on the topic and just what i could put together digging around the forums this fitment I'm looking at would get me something fairly close to flush. I already try digging the the Official Advan thread hoping to see a staggered setup on TC-4s but mostly saw squared examples and no way really for me to tell if fenders were rolled or not..

I also read i could run 17x8 +45 and 17x9+45 on 225/45 245/40 is a popular setup and may not need fender rolling? just want to confirm before i make the preorder for these advans as i am currently in between these 2 sizes and any help or picture reference would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:16 PM

Received 1,268 Likes on 958 Posts

You cannot safely run any of those sizes on un-modded fenders on a lowered car, with the exception of 17x8.5 +50. You may be able to just squeak those by.

17x7 +50 or *maybe* +45 would be on the edge of safe for the front. You'll still need to be careful on ingress/egress of driveways and curbs or any situation where the suspension is compressed. Meaning...don't turn the front wheels all the way out when entering/exiting driveways. Or don't do a skid and try to full lock countersteer.

215/45 and 245/40 are probably what you want.

There is a reason the stock wheels are nof flush.

You're making the fitment more agressive than stock, while lowering the car and increasing suspension travel, but not touching the fenders. Sounds risky when I say it like that, eh?

Last edited by B serious; 04-02-2024 at 08:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
yup808 (04-03-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 10:52 PM

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

Im running Advan TC4 Racing Umber Bronze & Ring 17x9 (+45) 5x114.3 on my fronts and rears. Fenders have to be rolled to clear and you’ll need to shave a bit of plastic fender liner in the rear so it won’t hit on heavy compression.

The following users liked this post:
yup808 (04-29-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 05:01 AM

Received 1,138 Likes on 1,001 Posts

@yup808 Money spent on bling vs money spent on performance? These changes are bling. Gorgeous but bling. A set of Extreme Performance Summer tires on your existing AP2 wheels would be my initial performance choice. After a season on these decide where you want to go.

If you just can't wait the best advice I can offer is to duplicate a working setup like either of the experienced guys who posted earlier. "Flush" looks kool but would shower the sides of my car with gravel and I have to drive carefully entering/exiting my suburban driveway to avoid scraping my car with OEM suspension, wheels, and tires. Just getting a low floor jack under my car is impossible.

-- Chuck
Old 04-27-2024, 05:57 AM

Received 422 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
@yup808 Money spent on bling vs money spent on performance? These changes are bling. Gorgeous but bling. A set of Extreme Performance Summer tires on your existing AP2 wheels would be my initial performance choice. After a season on these decide where you want to go.

If you just can't wait the best advice I can offer is to duplicate a working setup like either of the experienced guys who posted earlier. "Flush" looks kool but would shower the sides of my car with gravel and I have to drive carefully entering/exiting my suburban driveway to avoid scraping my car with OEM suspension, wheels, and tires. Just getting a low floor jack under my car is impossible.

-- Chuck
Chuck you don’t have to post in every thread with one of three messages. You have never changed wheel fitment on one of these cars, this doesn’t add to the conversation.

Some people want to make their cars their own. It is fine. B Serious already gave OP the info the OP needs to know.

Great you like your stock car with reflash and exhaust. Cool! But not every car needs to be Chuck’s car.
The following 2 users liked this post by TsukubaCody:
.Boston. (05-03-2024), kos (04-29-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 07:37 AM

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

Here a great solution for getting a jack under the car (I suffered the issue for years). Harbor Freight has a low profile jack that just makes it under my car. It makes life so much easier. Only one of their low profile jacks was low enough, so be sure to check the minimum height numbers before you buy.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:58 AM

I am running TC-4s in 17x9.5 + 50 with 255's all around on my stock body, lowered on teins ap1. I track the car and both front and rear fenders are rolled. I dont get rub
Old 04-29-2024, 09:54 AM

very clean thank you for the visual reference!
Old 04-29-2024, 10:08 AM

@s2kprax Thank you for the reference this is probably what I am going to end up running at this point. I was only concerned about rolling fenders because the examples I saw at the shop were not only rolled but pulled as well and that made me a bit hesitant but after watching
roll/cut the fenders it made me way less worried about it now.

I'll roll the front and cut the back at this point and go from there. thanks for the tips!
Old 04-30-2024, 08:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Rolling fenders isn't difficult. A lot of people rush it or roll aggressively which results in the fenders being pulled but I would much rather roll the rears instead of trimming the fender lip

Quick Reply: Advan TC- 4 Questions