Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

bad/false advice and information

Old 01-23-2006, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bad/false advice and information

I have noticed an unacceptable level of poor, wrong, false, etc. advice being passed out on this board in numerous different threads. I am suggesting an automatic week long account suspension for giving bad advice after being warned once. This is not only to prevent the more knowledgable persons from having to restate the same facts over and over again, but it should also help prevent the less knowledgable members from damaging their cars by taking/following bad info.

-Chris Hughes
Old 01-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Whilst I see the intention of your proposal, it would prove to be an administrational nightmare, and is not practical.

In this respect I think the forums have to be self policing, and the members have to point at who to trust.

People who give good advice and are well respected are often known.

Moderators of individual forums should also be alerted - you can use the Report icon to report a post.

Consistent offenders or people who are deliberately giving out false info (as opposed to being misinformed themselves) can be dealt with - this should be filtered through the moderators of the individual forums.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Former Moderator

Received 304 Likes on 283 Posts

If you see a thread that has some questionable advice, hit the report buttton. A moderator will get the link, and make a decision on the content.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you see information which is known to be wrong or grossly inaccurate then please click the Report button and let the moderators know. Nobody should rely on a single post for accurate information but should cross-reference information from a number of sources and make up you mind as to it's validity.

We don't and can't guarantee the validity of the information posted in the forums because the information comes from unknown and other unreliable sources. The moderators will however try to remove information known to be false if it's reported to them.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having trouble not reporting all the bad relationship advice being spouted in off-topic...