Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Can we require password to be sent to a valid email address??

Old 10-12-2000, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's way too easy for someone to just register and post once.....as say...TIGER.
I'm sure email addresses are easy to come by these days, but at least they will have "extra" time to think about whether to make that first (and very likely to be the only post). If you plan to be a part of this community, I doubt a slightly longer wait would stop you from registering.
Another issue for the steering committee?
Old 10-12-2000, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is definately an option and a very easy one to implement. It does however require the use of other software, namely the mailer and I haven't really tested the setup of that yet.

I'm testing all of these features on a test site just like this one and should it be necessary it will be done.

That brings up another point, make sure you have a valid email in yor profile!! If you don't I can only contact you through this board and all will see what is said (not always desirable, good or bad). So help me out and make sure you have a valid email in your profile, Mikey....
Old 10-12-2000, 07:18 AM

I always have a valid email address.
It's always shown to the mods as well. I'd like to know if my posts are too offensive for a "group" of people. I just haven't decided if I want it shown to everyone.
But again, Rick took the liberty of emailing it to everyone.....maybe I should just turn it on.
Old 10-12-2000, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What do you think about having an S2000online.com email address? I could set up aliases that would direct mail to your real account. That way you could be flyingpig@s2000online.com and that would bounce mail to your real email account. I could then turn off showning the email addresses.

Another option is to develop a send email button. If you are reading a post and want to email someone, click the button that a form will come up where you can type a message and it will be sent to the user without your address being revealed, only the senders.

Two possible options....The second is preferred by me.
Old 10-12-2000, 10:25 AM

Either one would work just fine...
Old 10-12-2000, 12:44 PM

Both ideas sound pretty doable and effective...a choice for the steering committee!