Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Discussion of Board Policy

Old 07-18-2001, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sunchild
[B]This is depressing.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:21 AM

"Listen for shrillness in the proponent of reason. It often reveals the hidden unreasonableness."

"The self-righteous often mislabel the truly righteous."

H. P. Shingles
Old 07-18-2001, 11:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jschmidt
[B]"Listen for shrillness in the proponent of reason. It often reveals the hidden unreasonableness."

"The self-righteous often mislabel the truly righteous."

Old 07-18-2001, 12:03 PM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by le car
(as opposed to middle-american middle-aged fully-brainwashed) members of this board.
Wheew! good thing I'm a right hand side Canadian, early aged, and just a tick above fully brainwashed memeber of this board.. That was close

Just for the record, I'm a moderator becasuse I want to help, this board has been very informative, and very enjoyable since I joined. I just wanted to give a little help back.
If any of you are talking about me then PM me and tell me you don't like what / how I do things. Otherwise I'll continue on. But I dare say no moderation at all would only cause more problems then they cause. you would only need one forum, people could flame all they want. and the end result would be a MUCH smaller group of people on the board, doing all the posting.
But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 07-18-2001, 01:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mindcore
[B]

Wheew! good thing I'm a right hand side Canadian, early aged, and just a tick above fully brainwashed memeber of this board.. That was close

Just for the record, I'm a moderator becasuse I want to help, this board has been very informative, and very enjoyable since I joined. I just wanted to give a little help back.
If any of you are talking about me then PM me and tell me you don't like what / how I do things. Otherwise I'll continue on. But I dare say no moderation at all would only cause more problems then they cause. you would only need one forum, people could flame all they want. and the end result would be a MUCH smaller group of people on the board, doing all the posting.
Old 07-18-2001, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by Mindcore

LOL

btw read an explanation of my attitude here : https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=21364
Old 07-18-2001, 02:01 PM
Former Moderator

As long as we're having fun boys, It's all about the good times
Old 07-18-2001, 04:28 PM

Originally posted by Mindcore
As long as we're having fun boys, It's all about the good times
Hey, Mindcore your picture looks like a Griz caught you with your pants down in the woods. What a Wildman!
Old 07-19-2001, 12:33 AM

Its only been a couple of days, and in that short period of time, a number of passionate people on both sides of the issue have already forgotten an important fact:

It wasn't just Bieg. A few others behaved quite a bit more poorly.

Originally posted by Jeff
Goating, baiting, and making sarcastic, poignant comments, does nothing to contribute to a dicussion but lowers it to a point of irreverance for everyone. ... I will be the first to admit that Bieg contributed very good points and opinions but was only overshadowed by his lack of acceptance of the same from others. You can't make someone listen by shouting and demanding that your right...
Its good that you've come to grips with why you feel Bieg doesn't deserve to be here, but I don't remember any shouting or demanding on Bieg's part. As for being sarcastic and unaccepting of other opinions -- sure, take a look at some of those old threads and see why maybe someone would have a hard time not accepting. I don't remember Bieg ever drawing first blood either.

(rest of this message to nobody in particular)

For some, just having stated his opinion would be considered that. For some, they felt that certain threads were the territory of whoever dominated them and that Bieg "shouldn't have stuck his nose in" -- so that just showing up and participating was somehow a crime. Bieg's membership agreement did not state he had to avoid certain threads, or censor himself. Mine doesn't either.

If you're going to bring up history, go ahead and argue it, but don't re-write it. Before sticking my neck out I went back and read and re-read how a lot of the classic Bieg vs. X threads progressed -- and despite that, I fully expected someone to send me a link showing Bieg to be behaving as badly as he seems to be remembered for. No link ever materialized.

Show me one link where Bieg was the most inflammatory poster, based on what he said within the thread. Not what you think he said, or think he meant or what other baggage you bring to the thread.

When I got here, Bieg was already becoming infamous. I got wind of that, and when I read a few Bieg posts, I was perplexed -- wondering where, in fact, all his bad behaviour was. Guys like GTRPower had to be howling for some reason...right?

Anyway, until somebody can show me a thread where Bieg was truly the worst offender, keep a few more names on your list of usual suspects. And, once again, I am not saying he was a saint -- all I am saying is, he wasn't the only one.

p.s.: if you are tired of talking about it, then don't talk about it. Thats your prerogative. You don't need to stop others from talking about it to be able to sleep at night, do you?
Old 07-19-2001, 01:24 AM

Damn, I promised myself I wouldn't reply...

The first comment I want to make, which is not a judgement, but more of an observation...

After reading the painfully long Forum in which Bieg was banned, I couldn't help but notice how the only people really flaming Beig had either a King Motorsports or Mugen Link at the bottom of their post. Sorta surrounded by the wagons, heheh.

I agree that he's sharp on the edges, however, 23k in upgrades for minimal improvements is not my priority either, I was really rooting for the Mugen s2k in the article and was very suprised and dissapointed by the marginal "at best" numbers for the cash (but it's your money, so knock yourselves out).

I agree also that you should ban him when hes a real consistent beligerant jerk... but the timing was poor in this instance, especially after reading "the Mod Squad's" as Bieg called them, less than tactful responces...

I also agree with Silver Frog, Bieg seemed to be defending his stance and was trying to remain on topic and was far from being the only trouble maker... So if you ban him ban the others.

I just hope Beigs' money was refunded.

I was gonna send in money to this board but I'm saving up for a Carbon Fiber Mugen Drink Coaster

Heh, happy motoring.

Quick Reply: Discussion of Board Policy