Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Do we need rules for fraudulent sales?

Old 02-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

The community can stick up for itself.

IMHO transactions are between individuals who use the site.

s2ki cannot be held responsible for any transactions which users of the public site enter into at their own will.

There are plenty of services to safeguard you out there. Use them. Don't blame s2ki.

My 2 pence (worth more than 2 cents btw )

If people are found to be fraudulent and it can be proven BEYOND DOUBT, then I see no reason why that person cannot be reported to the Mods and Admins, and dealt with by banning or other appropriate action, however
Old 02-10-2005, 01:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trent and Trips case was one out of a million, who ever knew a gold member would rip someone off on s2ki. One bad case ruins it all for us.

I say s2ki should have a feedback type layout like eBay. A number beside our user names (for paying members only) should tell us about our past transactions. People who buy from guests are totally at their own will. People who buy from members are also at their own risk but we do get the reputation of having a good feedback which will in turn let us sell our things for 1) more money 2)sell it faster.

I dont think it is too much to ask for that.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle' date='Feb 10 2005, 10:42 AM
The community can stick up for itself.

IMHO transactions are between individuals who use the site.

s2ki cannot be held responsible for any transactions which users of the public site enter into at their own will.

There are plenty of services to safeguard you out there. Use them. Don't blame s2ki.

My 2 pence (worth more than 2 cents btw )

If people are found to be fraudulent and it can be proven BEYOND DOUBT, then I see no reason why that person cannot be reported to the Mods and Admins, and dealt with by banning or other appropriate action, however
i think there should definitly be a rule put in place where people that commit fraud should be banned. in trent's case he still refuses to show proof as in the tracking numbers for the supposed three shipments and as you will see here https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...c=267761&st=25 not to many people are happy about this. in my honest opinion you should re open the post and let the members vote on it. and if not this specific post start a new one asking if someone does something like trent has done should they be banned. i think you will see 90% of the community vote yes.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you should read (or reread) cthree's post in this thread. He does a good job of laying things out.

I do recall a thread from a while ago where the idea of going to an eBay type system came up, but I think the programming side of this makes it a little too difficult.

Eventhough S2Ki is a privately owned Internet site ruled by dictatorship, the Admins and moderators are very sensitive to what the members want. I started this thread to see if some suggestions for a way to approach the future were worthwhile in pursuing.

I closed your "Ban" thread, bobmoheb, because the topic was not going anywhere, was repetitive, and almost instigative. It was debated in the "Update" thread and this thread that we're posting in now should provide a more positive way to approach the issue.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Eer, if a user was banned he couldn't come here to sort the issue out.

It's not about voting if someone should be banned. That decision rests solely with the Admins.

And voting does not PROOVE BEYOND DOUBT that anyone is fraudulent.

I am referring in general, rather than specifically to any individual cases.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think banning should be order only in situations where fault can be proven. We ban for p0rn, why not theft?