Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

FAQ: How do I change my screen name?

Old 03-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default FAQ: How do I change my screen name?

You cannot change your own screen name once you've registered it.

However, if you are a MEMBER, you can send a request by email to support at s2ki dot com and we will change it for you to the name you request (assuming it's an acceptable name and it isn't taken already). Please include the name you would like to change to in the email and try to include a couple of alternates and/or instructions like "just add a number to the end" in cases where the name is taken.

Once changed you will receive an email to your account email address (not necessarily the address your sent the request from) saying it was changed.

Changes must be done by hand by an admin and we will not change the name for GUEST accounts. Name changes are considered a one-time thing to avoid confusing people.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If the screen name is changed, will everything continue to run seamlessly? For example, will the PM histories reflect the name change so that if one of your recipients hit reply, it will automatically route to the new name? Thanks.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Yes, thats a really good question. Im hoping to pay for my membership but I would like to get those questions answer.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:41 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

It will, yes.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:32 PM

Sent email. Waiting for sn change.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:36 AM

sent email!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

request/email sent
Old 05-10-2016, 11:28 PM

I have a question. Why do you not delete an account that's been inactive for 7 years, so it allows another user to use that screen name without any issues? I don't get the reasoning behind not allowing an active member to change his name because someone registered the name over a decade ago and hasn't logged on for 7 years since.

Any info to help clear this up would be appreciated.

-Andrew
Old 05-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewSS2k
I have a question. Why do you not delete an account that's been inactive for 7 years, so it allows another user to use that screen name without any issues? I don't get the reasoning behind not allowing an active member to change his name because someone registered the name over a decade ago and hasn't logged on for 7 years since. Any info to help clear this up would be appreciated. -Andrew

Because someone can register a name 10 years ago, sell the car because of life, then decide they miss the car, purchase another, and come back. It has happened before and will happen again. Unfortunately there is no way to say a name won't ever be used again.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mocky
Originally Posted by DrewSS2k
I have a question. Why do you not delete an account that's been inactive for 7 years, so it allows another user to use that screen name without any issues? I don't get the reasoning behind not allowing an active member to change his name because someone registered the name over a decade ago and hasn't logged on for 7 years since. Any info to help clear this up would be appreciated. -Andrew

Because someone can register a name 10 years ago, sell the car because of life, then decide they miss the car, purchase another, and come back. It has happened before and will happen again. Unfortunately there is no way to say a name won't ever be used again.
I get what you're saying, but let's be realistic. If you're going to sell a car and get back into it in 10 years you won't be inactive(as in not even log in and browse the forum even if you don't post) on a forum. Look at all the people on here, that have sold their S and stay on here and contribute. Then they get back in another one. I'm not arguing with you, i'm just trying to be realistic here. And even if someone does not even log in for a long period of time like this example and like how you said, when they eventually come back, and their account has been deactivated they can't even be mad because they didn't care to log in. Just make a new one.

Quick Reply: FAQ: How do I change my screen name?