Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Have read or Not have read that is the question.......

Old 06-15-2001, 04:04 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Have read or Not have read that is the question.......

I notice that the font color between threads I've read and not read are very similar. Any possibility of improving the difference in colors? If you say adjust your contrast...........well you know
Old 06-15-2001, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They should be red and black. I'm not sure how much more contrast I could add without it becoming neon
Old 06-18-2001, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me they only stay red during my current visit. If I visit other sites, when I come back, all thread titles are black again. It seems like all other "followed" links maintain the correct color if I leave and come back, just the thread titles don't.
Old 06-18-2001, 07:32 PM

Might wanna check that C3 ..............

Wouldn't want to start something here but have to disagree with you interpretation of how threads are displayed
Old 06-18-2001, 07:58 PM

If I look at the threads there is MINIMAL difference but there is some. The red highlight is when I take the curser and go to a thread , read or unred (pardon the pun).........
Old 06-19-2001, 06:16 AM

After looking some more, links that I've followed to external sites maintain the correct color (red) but links that are internal such as forum catagories, forum names, and thread titles only stay red during a single visit. Once I leave this site and then return the only links that show as being followed are the external ones.
Old 06-19-2001, 06:54 AM
S2R

I've noticed that even though all the threads in this forum are marked as read (yellow folders), when I go back to the list of forums page the Site Info lightbulb is still lit as yellow. Shouldn't the lightbulb turn off if I just read all the new threads within that forum?
Old 07-02-2001, 11:55 PM

I think that it was much easier to differentiate between the threads we had and hadn't read before the site was "improved." Not all change is good.
Old 07-03-2001, 06:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you notice:

A:link, A:active {
COLOR: #000020;
}
A:visited {
COLOR: #881353;
}
A:hover {
COLOR: #FF4400;
}

is in the style sheet at the top of each page. This *should* be sufficient to differentiate between what is read, active and not read. However, different eyes see different things. At first it was a subtle change, but then after several suggestions Rylan changed it to somthing a bit more visible. So, do you have a color idea? BTW, if you go to www.off-topic.net you'll notice Fazle hasnt' changed his default colors from the default of the app, which is black/black/black, you'll get lost in what you feel you've read. I let him know about this issue when he first launched his site with the newer version of vB.

Just remember, just about everything can be customized in vB, and if colors are an issue to your eyes and usability, then they should be noted and recommendations should be made.
Old 07-03-2001, 10:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Schatten
[B]If you notice:

A:link, A:active {
COLOR: #000020;
}
A:visited {
COLOR: #881353;
}
A:hover {
COLOR: #FF4400;
}

is in the style sheet at the top of each page.

Quick Reply: Have read or Not have read that is the question.......