Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Idea about membership

Old 01-18-2006, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idea about membership

Not to offend anyone, but I was thinking how silly the plastic membership card is. It's like a card saying you got Zoo Books as a kid and you wanted to show it to all your friends.

Has the idea ever been brought up instead of the plastic cards, possibly S2Ki business cards.
Cards that would have the S2Ki logo on them, possibly the members name, and the URL for the website...
You say well that sounds stupid too, what use would those be...
Answer~To invite new members to the site. When I am out and about I occasionally see an S2000 and wonder if they are members or if they even know about S2Ki. Now next time I saw one of these S' in a parking lot I could just deposit a card under the wiper and hopefully we would hear from said S owner.

Possibly include a printing sheet of 20 or so w/ a membership and then if a member wants more in the year they could purchase them...
Another way for the site to make money.

Just an idea.

Also why don't we have S2Ki Stickers???

Jp
Old 01-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Stickers are coming soon.

Many local communities do their own calling cards too
Old 01-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Received 175 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Jan 18 2006, 06:06 PM
Stickers are coming soon.
Stickers? Windscreen stickers? I just ordered two from gofastlab.com. Do you think this is why I haven't received them yet? I ordered them on January 2nd.

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Jan 18 2006, 06:06 PM
Many local communities do their own calling cards too
Yea, thanks to 8BALL, we have our own cards. They look someshing like this...

Front:

Back:

James, if you want help putting someshing together for the KC group, let us know and we'll be glad to help.

Or, remember this? How about this for starters?

Old 01-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I believe your idea is two separate issues. The calling cards, have been around for a very long time. I maintain this is a responsibility of the individual communities, as it is their goal to try and increase membership to their local communities, which inturn bring people to the big picture. s2ki.com

The plastic cards are maybe not much, but it allows discounts to certain sponsors, by means of a member number, ice scrapper, breaking into locked office doors and something that you can show people when they ask what the benefits of s2ki membership are. Most club membership/organizations do give you a membership type card. We had stickers available at one time, and I believe c3 is looking into it again.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by HondaGal,Jan 19 2006, 06:39 PM
ice scrapper, breaking into locked office doors and something that you can show people when they ask what the benefits of s2ki membership are.

suppose to snow tonight, I'll have to go find mine.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When I was in CA with the Central Valley group, we had business cards created by Brian AKA Conekiller (amoung other names on this site) and we would leave them on other S' we came across to get them to join the site. I have since moved away and would love to be able to make my own for Idaho since there is no forum for us and I would like to start one.

As for the plastic cards, I love mine and show it off whenever I get the chance.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:09 AM

We've got some nice ones in the UK

Made and printed by Roadkill as I recall.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:23 AM

Those UK ones look great. My Jeep club has similar cards, and they work great. In fact I wish they were laminated like the S2KCA ones are, as the Jeeps tend to be more open than the S2k's, but they still work great.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by day1si,Jan 18 2006, 03:52 PM
Not to offend anyone, but I was thinking how silly the plastic membership card is. It's like a card saying you got Zoo Books as a kid and you wanted to show it to all your friends.

Has the idea ever been brought up instead of the plastic cards, possibly S2Ki business cards.
Cards that would have the S2Ki logo on them, possibly the members name, and the URL for the website...
You say well that sounds stupid too, what use would those be...
Answer~To invite new members to the site. When I am out and about I occasionally see an S2000 and wonder if they are members or if they even know about S2Ki. Now next time I saw one of these S' in a parking lot I could just deposit a card under the wiper and hopefully we would hear from said S owner.

Possibly include a printing sheet of 20 or so w/ a membership and then if a member wants more in the year they could purchase them...
Another way for the site to make money.

Just an idea.

Also why don't we have S2Ki Stickers???

Jp
Yeah, there used to be some templates of cards in the library or something?? Not sure if they are still there. There used to be stickers too, I still have one on my toolbox . And license plate frames, those were a good idea because I HATE stickers on my car but it let everyone know about s2ki.com
Old 02-02-2006, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by spapdx,Feb 2 2006, 11:27 AM
Yeah, there used to be some templates of cards in the library or something?? Not sure if they are still there. There used to be stickers too, I still have one on my toolbox . And license plate frames, those were a good idea because I HATE stickers on my car but it let everyone know about s2ki.com
I don't see anything in the library at the moment. Perhaps someone else has some templates or files we can just print on our own?

Quick Reply: Idea about membership