Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Ignore Lists, we are watching

Old 01-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ignore Lists, we are watching

Just an update and followup to the double-blind ignore list thread. Note that krazik has put together a nifty tool for us to use to monitor ignore lists. We are watching how many lists a user appears on and will be booting those who appear on more than their share.

When you add someone to your ignore list you will effectively be registering a vote against them being on the site. If others agree with you you'll get your wish.

Another good reason to use those ignore lists to mute those you'd rather not read.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ohohohoh wait a sec cthree and krazik!

I (and others I'm sure) use the Ignore list as a nice little thread filter for excessive whoring and whatnot, and often take people off my Ignore list if I would otherwise read what they had to say.

please reconsider this idea. while there are people on my Ignore list who have been on there practically from day 1, there are also times when I just put people on there temporarily and is in no way a reflection of my opinion on their postings.

note: temporarily can range from a few minutes to several days. and sometimes I forget to remove them from my Ignore list until I encounter a thread that they posted in and whoops... I have them Ignored. if they don't post that often, then they might unnecessarily have a black mark against them.

$.02

(side-note: benjaminchoi was the very first person I put on my Ignore list. little did I know that he was one and the same as WRS2K. )
Old 01-07-2004, 12:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wooohooo S2ki.com is just like Survivor... Who's going to be booted off next???
Old 01-07-2004, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its not a sure fire way to get removed nor does it happen automatically.

But we can now see which users are ignored the most and then do some investigation as to why. Just because they are high doesn't immediately mean they're getting banned.

Wantone for example is being ignored by 8 people. But isn't getting banned for it. Yet (j/k)
Old 01-07-2004, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

with the sentiment, but definately shouldnt be automatic booting - people may be on ignore lists cos they write essays a lot or post a lot of pics, but actually are a good member of the site
Old 01-07-2004, 12:33 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyway, the purpose here is to inform you we're now watching the ignore lists. If you get yourself on too many peoples lists you'll be flagged and your posts are going to be investigated.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by krazik
its not a sure fire way to get removed nor does it happen automatically.

But we can now see which users are ignored the most and then do some investigation as to why.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:34 AM

Old 01-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, don't panic. It's just a way for you to communicate to us who you think needs whacking. It doesn't mean we will nor is it automagic. Those heavily ignored will be flagged like krazik said and we'll have a look at their posts and see why. If there is no significant issue then we won't do anything but if we see a pattern of abuse or bad attitude then we'll call them out on it.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:06 AM

Phhheeew!

Quick Reply: Ignore Lists, we are watching