Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

MODS LOOK.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MODS LOOK.

I have an idea for a solution to the recent spree of bad seller threads in the FS forum... we need a feedback system of some kind and I thought an easy way to implement one would be to make a sub forum under Marketplace called "feedback" and each seller could go in there and create a thread with a title that is the same as their SN for example: "Special-Ops-S2k - Feedback" Then each time that person has a transaction either buying or selling both parties could post in the others Feedback page saying satisfied or not or whatever... that way if you are looking to buy an item and not sure if the seller is good you could go to the feedback forum and search the sellers SN... find his thread and BOOM, now you know. It would be simple to setup and maintain and would work with the software / html the site is already running...

So what do you think? Can you make us a "Feedback" forum section?
Old 01-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like your thinking. I'll get that started right away.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-09-2009, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just one more thing we (members) have to sift through to make sure we want to buy from that vendor or person.

How about a "Trader Rating" or "iTrader" a la club RSX or MR2OC system? This feature could be there for all members, that includes forum sponsors. Something to go beneath the "title" and "stars", that way at every post that member makes that information is available.

I realize it would be more work, but it would be more effective, and make members more accountable to one another, and make it easier for mods to track problems.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by shadwsndst' date='Jan 9 2009, 02:51 PM
Just one more thing we (members) have to sift through to make sure we want to buy from that vendor or person.

How about a "Trader Rating" or "iTrader" a la club RSX or MR2OC system? This feature could be there for all members, that includes forum sponsors. Something to go beneath the "title" and "stars", that way at every post that member makes that information is available.

I realize it would be more work, but it would be more effective, and make members more accountable to one another, and make it easier for mods to track problems.
that seems helpful, if there was a link to the sellers feedback page in the sellers sig... maybe make it mandatory that the seller have his feedback page linked or if possible like you said add a link under the stars on the left of all members... good idea!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:15 PM

I would definitely like to see some type of seller rating system. I've been getting a lot of feedback from local members for something like this.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:42 PM

Please check the new section...

Seller Feedback
Old 01-09-2009, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by energetic' date='Jan 9 2009, 08:42 PM
Please check the new section...

Seller Feedback
saw it and think its perfect! I added my feedback thread to my sig that way it is easy to access and think others who buy/sell alot should do the same... at least until there is a way to put a link elsewhere
Old 01-10-2009, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SPECIAL-OPS-S2K' date='Jan 9 2009, 03:43 PM
that seems helpful, if there was a link to the sellers feedback page in the sellers sig... maybe make it mandatory that the seller have his feedback page linked or if possible like you said add a link under the stars on the left of all members... good idea!
The system was very functional on those two forums and the information was right below the name, so it was readily available. The new forum will suffice, but I think one that updates itself with every new post, whether its a will be the most effective.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I made a feedback thread and put a link in my sig.

Just noticed, time to renew my membership!