Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

new england secton gone?

Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i owe you guys an apology.

I know I am part to blame over this mess. Therefore I am sorry to those who were punished because of my actions. It wont happen again
Old 09-22-2009, 08:35 AM

Received 2,890 Likes on 1,678 Posts

^
Nice post, Bass, and I mean that. I also took part in the arguments, as I felt strongly that things in some areas had really gotten out of hand.

I'm not going to re-hash anything here as it serves no purpose. I don't think that punishing the whole class was the way to go, but that's my .02. I know my .02 doesn't count and that's OK; I do understand the reasons behind the decision.

I will say that I hope that the time out/cooling off period, accomplishes what it was meant to do, and that NE S2KI can once again become a fun place to hang out without the constant and bickering.

If not, it is highly unlikely admin would give us a second chance.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koukikat,Sep 22 2009, 11:36 AM
x2

I PM'd one of the higher ups on the matter, and they said it was a better idea to close it then just punish the ones responsible as it wouldn't solve anything.

All I see is it pissing off the innocent parties, resulting in even more bitching when it reopens and less membership renewals. The ones that caused the problems and didn't care in the first place are going to be the same way when it's put back up!

The only people who are going to change from this are the members who weren't causing any problems but are now angry about it.
I disagree .

I think if the parties involved got banned it would start a whole new set of threads bitching in support of either party and we would be arguing still ..... Snow ball effect . This was to give everyone a breather and time off . If you cant be without NE for a week , well that is just sad.

Also it did not help that the people that were not involved did nothing to help , they only poked fun at it making it worse . It is not all about this week alone . It has been building for years , NE gets away with alot more things than most of S2ki Mods allow . It got pushed and those in charge made a decision.

Also I laugh at those that base Membership on 1% of S2ki . There are about 100 forum sections on S2ki and 50% regional and the other 50% are general . Membership is a thank you for the info and such gained on S2ki . Not a payment to watch the drama in NE . It is not cable TV . I remember school one person ruined it for the class . No different here . But there is more to S2ki or life for that matter than the NE section .

I will advise against anyone wanting to cause more drama when NE comes back as NE will be Moderated now from what I understand .
Old 09-22-2009, 09:44 AM

We are working on trying to get it back sooner
Old 09-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Received 175 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Twiztid,Sep 22 2009, 11:44 AM
Membership is a thank you for the info and such gained on S2ki . Not a payment to watch the drama in NE . It is not cable TV .
Very well put.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Twiztid,Sep 22 2009, 12:44 PM

I will advise against anyone wanting to cause more drama when NE comes back as NE will be Moderated now from what I understand .
Perfect!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Twiztid,Sep 22 2009, 01:44 PM] I disagree .

I think if the parties involved got banned it would start a whole new set of threads bitching in support of either party and we would be arguing still
Old 09-22-2009, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by koukikat,Sep 22 2009, 02:41 PM
I don't believe it was my place to do anything about it, other than ignore them, I have no personal ties to any of the instigators and have no place in telling them how to act. People pay memberships for different reasons, I don't rely on this site for very much technical info, nor do I enjoy the childish drama that went on in there. I mainly paid my membership dues specifically to be able to use the NE section for selling/buying purposes, as I prefer selling/buying to/from local members face to face whenever possible.
I think this "week off" is not specifically why members would not renew their membership, but more the realization that the NE section can (and probably will be) disposed of so easily because of a few members that can't get along, or at least just ignore each other.
Yes there is much more to life than the internet, couldn't agree more. For me, it's just the principle of paying for a membership mainly for certain privileges allowed in the NE section, and the possibility of it being eliminated due to the actions of others.
Scott, it's obvious (and understandable) that you have been pushed over the edge by many members and have about had it with babysitting adults. I get it, and have been there myself as a Moderator of one of the 240sx forums (I will never do that again). Just trying to offer my constructive input on the matter.... but am quickly regretting even getting involved.

I'm not trying to instigate anything, nor offend anyone, and apologize if it comes off that way.
That's cool , I was speaking in general and not you specifically about helping or getting involved . Some felt the need to post things just for spite .

I wish you would post more and not just use NE as a forsale site There are going to be more changes when it goes back live :0 Dont let these old Koots scare you from participating
Old 09-22-2009, 07:10 PM

well scott thanks for your input and the help in getting it back. it is appreciated by some. and to bass, and laniey, the apologies are also appreciated
Old 09-22-2009, 11:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Expect to get some serious moderation involved if your community gets back on line, which I hope it does. From my side, my advise is for those involved to think it over before they even post something offensive towards another user. Every user represents part of your community. Put them all together and you have an entire community. But it all depends on you, in the end.

Quick Reply: new england secton gone?