Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Photo Albums, posting pictures etc

Old 07-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Photo Albums, posting pictures etc

My photo album link dont work....have all the pictures been saved?
Old 07-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tugz_S2K,Jul 6 2004, 05:37 PM
My photo album link dont work....have all the pictures been saved?
All the phots have been saved, yes. The thumbnail haven't been fully generated. It will take about 2 days for them to be created.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phew....i got worried....

keep up the great work cthree
Old 07-06-2004, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just went and checked on a thread I posted before the site went down....the photos are HUGE....both the ones in the post and the image I use in my sig.

I know before on the older version I didnt have to bother resizing the pics in my album as they were automatically compressed, however it seems now that this is not the case with this new version.

I am assuming that this is just temporary, otherwise there's gonna be some huge threads out there guys!
Old 07-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by S2000GT,Jul 6 2004, 05:50 PM
Just went and checked on a thread I posted before the site went down....the photos are HUGE....both the ones in the post and the image I use in my sig.

I know before on the older version I didnt have to bother resizing the pics in my album as they were automatically compressed, however it seems now that this is not the case with this new version.

I am assuming that this is just temporary, otherwise there's gonna be some huge threads out there guys!
This problem will be resolved once the thumbnails are created. Right now it's showing the full sized image and not the smaller version because the smaller version doesn't exist yet.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:23 PM

OK, so I take it photo albums are not up yet, but when they are, are we still going to have a direct link to upload photos from our album? And....when do you plan on having them up and running again?
Old 07-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Johnny--2K,Jul 6 2004, 10:23 PM
OK, so I take it photo albums are not up yet, but when they are, are we still going to have a direct link to upload photos from our album? And....when do you plan on having them up and running again?
Photo albums are up they just aren't 100% complete in terms of generating the thumbnail and medium sized variants of the 150,000 or so images in the gallery. This is a very time consuming process that will take I'd guess 24-48 hours. I have one machine here dedicated to doing nothing else but. Once the thumbnails for all the images in the gallery are created the image listings will appear correctly as will the images posted to the forums.

You can upload images right now and they will have a proper thumbnail and medium sized variation created automatically, right away. The issue is with existing images that need to have these regenerated.

To upload photos you have a couple of choices:

1) You can upload them to your personal photo albums. Go to MyS2K and choose Your Albums.

2) You can upload them to the main gallery. Simply go to the category you'd like to post the image in and click Add Image.

There are some differences between the two methods. For one you can't include a photo posted to the main gallery in a post like you can with images in your albums. You would need to use the IMG tags if you wanted to do that. Other than that the only other thing is the main gallery is a public space (like the forums) so your photos would be along side those of others who have upload images there. With your personal albums, all the images are yours, they are private and nobody can upload images to your photo albums.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by cthree,Jul 6 2004, 10:42 PM
1) You can upload them to your personal photo albums. Go to MyS2K and choose Your Albums.
Erik when I try to the first option for uploading pics I click on your albums and get this...

No access permissions
Sorry, the site administrator has not enabled your permissions for this part of the control panel.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:23 PM

I am getting the same thing as KrazyKarim.....no access at all to the albums.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny--2K,Jul 7 2004, 07:23 AM
I am getting the same thing as KrazyKarim.....no access at all to the albums.
Ditto.

And could someone give me the line of code to put the image back in my sig -please!

Quick Reply: Photo Albums, posting pictures etc