Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Please Clarify the For Sale Forum Rules sticky

Old 03-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts
Thumbs up Please Clarify the For Sale Forum Rules sticky

Here is the thread.

As posted by S2000 GT

either post the info on this site or dont bother....people dont want to be chasing all over the internet for some parts you have for sale
If in fact that is a rule then post it in the "For Sale Forum Rules" sticky. The same should go for e-Bay links then.

I am NOT trying to turn this into a pi$$in' match, just asking that the rules be clearly stated.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a valued member, what do you think would be right?

I already know what I think
Old 03-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Community Organizer

I think adding what S2000GT said to the For Sale Forum Rules sticky would be the right thing to do.

The seller should have copied his entire post to S2KI, no issues then. Links to e-Bay auctions, well ............................
Old 03-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Administrator

If you can demonstrate the practical difference between linking to an offsite forsale post on some other board and linking to an offsite forsale post on ebay. then have at it. Personally I think the ebay thing is even worse, since it's to a for-profit commercial site but I'm certainly happy to hear arguments to the contrary.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Community Organizer

I'm not even going to TRY to demonstrate or argue anything.

Make the rules, state the rules and stick to the rules.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Administrator

I thought that's what we were talking about. The rules don't currently state any such restriction although it's certainly something worthy of discussion. You opened the can of worms
Old 03-30-2006, 04:09 AM
Community Organizer

There is no difference between linking to H-T.com or e-Bay.com. The seller should post pictures, descriptions and price right here, not just a link to another website with that information. But that rule must be clearly stated, not just make it up as you go along like S2000GT seemed to do. It would have been completely different if S2000GT had locked the thread AND supplied a link to the rule that was broken.

As it stands there are no rules against what the seller did. S2000GT was wrong IMHO to do what he did without anything to back it up his actions.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:54 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the seller is doing himself a disservice by asking someone to leave s2ki and go somewhere else to view their ad. It's lazy and is going to work against them in the end.

The rules are the rules and they are posted. Moderators are also member and they use the site like everyone else. Not everything they say is an utterance of rules.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:13 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by cthree,Mar 30 2006, 08:54 AM
The rules are the rules and they are posted.
Where is anything posted about externally linking to For Sale thread posted on other boards or e-Bay?

Done. It's pointless.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:51 AM
Administrator

It's not posted anywhere. So far no one has disagreed with you on that point. I'm just trying to get a sense of if you feel the rules should be amended and how. We can certainly make that a requirement for a for sale post but the reality is most sellers are just killing themselves if they do that and don't actually bother to post an ad.

Quick Reply: Please Clarify the For Sale Forum Rules sticky