Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Questioning mod's actions.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I rephrase my post and mention absolutely nothing of selling, then can I get feedback on what the *members* would want? Or do I have to pay for vendorship even if I'm not selling anything?

I'm glad they don't consider their product crappy. A little competition never hurt anyone, its the heart of free enterprise. Maybe if there's something else out there, it will push them to improve their product a bit, which means only good things for the s2k members, and that's what counts - right?

And last question, if I do end up making it, am I at least allowed to post step by step pictures/info to contribute to the tech and give other folks ideas/knowledge?

Seems like the board/rules care more about odd principles than about the members and vehicle improvement

p.s. Want to get together over dinner and go over some research and development?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Apr 19 2006, 09:08 AM
It is simple. If you want to sell a product here for commercial gain you must pay to do so by becoming a sponsor.
I guess you missed it where I said that there is *NOTHING* to sell yet and that I was going to *FULLY* comply with any rules/sponsorships if I were to sell.

Would I be ok with asking the question if I opt for the 20$ membership?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

yet being the operative word. It is still a commercial posting, out of bounds for non Sponsors.

S2KI has both the Sponsors and Members interests at heart. Protecting both is in the boards interest, else it would end up a fleamarket of people testing the water.

You'll do nothing but get the Managements' back up by continuing this debate. The rules are there for a reason and have worked well for the number of years the forum has been here.

Why not do some research by getting involved and contributing in your local community or something. If sponsorship is not right for you now, maybe it will be if you create a product.

A member does not get any priviledges related to commercial posting either, but if you purchased a membership or Gold membership at least you'd be contributing something towards the forum from which you are hoping to gain an income.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Banned

Seems like a nice case of catch-22. Doubt I'll be contributing anything if I can't even make use of the board

Nice chatting with you folks. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-19-2006, 10:37 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Spawn_X,Apr 19 2006, 02:31 PM
Seems like a nice case of catch-22. Doubt I'll be contributing anything if I can't even make use of the board

Nice chatting with you folks. Thanks for the help!
A very famous quote comes to mind. Who knows which one?
Old 04-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe not a famous quote, but spammer is the correct word.

First post of s2ki history https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...0&#entry4578682

second, TTT

third, selling another product

4th and so on, bitching about the rules.

Ian... pls take the thrash out!
Old 04-19-2006, 01:16 PM

Received 227 Likes on 169 Posts

[QUOTE=mikes2k,Apr 19 2006, 02:37 PM] A very famous quote comes to mind. Who knows which one?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Market and product research is a business expense and a cost of designing any new product. If you don't have any ideas for the sort of product you think would be valued and purchased by your potential customers then you have no ideas to offer let alone a product and hence are wasting our time and cluttering up our forums with worthless nonsense.

Asking "what product should I make if I were to make one" is both lazy and inconsiderate. First you do your research, there are hundreds of threads you can read about what is available now, what people like and don't like about them and how much they cost. Second, come up with a product idea for something better or cheaper or both. Third, do more research to make sure you actually have something worth even talking about and that your assumptions are correct. Fourth, shell out a few bucks for some commercial consideration to float your tangible product idea by your potential customers and get feedback. Fix your mistakes and bad assumptions and finalize your design and get some capital in place to produce and market your idea. Fifth, manufacture and market your product to customers.

Wasting our time with "I don't know anything except that I'd like to be in business can you please tell me what business I should be in" spam is not appreciated and hence deleted without prejudice.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Banned

Spammer? How the heck am I spamming if I tried to sell a wideband o2 on here? I got an american truck, and not too many of us use these things. Mostly import and 4cyl guys use these, and my buddy with the s2k suggested I try putting it up for sale here. How in the world is that considered SPAM?

Neither did I come here with a "I don't know what to build so tell me how I should start a business" attitude or post. I have ideas, many of them, have searched these forums plenty, but wanted to try and get a solid thread with opinions. Hardly Spam. But then again you know what they say, assumption is the mother of all fawk-ups.

And gal, first off its tRash not tHrash, but I guess an s2k doesn't buy you the ability to spell out an insult properly.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wasn't 100% sure before but now I am. Time for you to bugger off. Thanks for dropping by.