Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

S2K Product Matrix

Old 11-25-2000, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be great to have a section on this board which would have all the aftermarket products available for the S2K listed by category, manufacturer and source. We could also post our individual comments on each item by those of us who have added the accessory or mod to our cars.

I find that I'm huntong all over the web for parts and accessories for this car. It seems like this site could be THE source for this type of information.

Just a suggestion to those that run this board. I realize that running the board is a major commitment.

BigRedESS
Old 11-26-2000, 08:44 PM

Perhaps it could be added as a sub-category in the Parts Counter.
Old 11-28-2000, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by BigRedESS:
Just a thought, but wouldn't it be great to have a section on this board which would have all the aftermarket products available for the S2K listed by category, manufacturer and source. We could also post our individual comments on each item by those of us who have added the accessory or mod to our cars.

I find that I'm huntong all over the web for parts and accessories for this car. It seems like this site could be THE source for this type of information.

Just a suggestion to those that run this board. I realize that running the board is a major commitment.

BigRedESS
Sounds like we have a volunteer! I have thought for a long time like you but I only have so much time to devote to developing the site. The key to all this great stuff is member participation. This requires less than you think. You don't need to be a software or web developer, just have a good idea and most importantly a good design for what you want to see. The design is the bulk of the work.

If you can effectively communicate the design you want, I can help build it. It does take time and effort but it is worth it as nothing happens without it. If you can expand your idea to include more detail like describing the layout and how it works, what the features are and how they work I can fill in the implementation details for you. Draw a map. The more you can do the better. I can be more effective helping several members than simply doing it all myself.

If you really want to see this, sit down and lay it out and let me know what you have in mind. We can work together on it if you are serious.

BTW this also applies to any other ideas you have as well.

Cheers.

Old 11-28-2000, 04:53 PM

I think we could start with an excel spreadsheet. I'll try to work something up this week, if time permits and send it to you via e-mail. My thinking is that we could have one axis with the major car component categories, i.e. engine, exhaust, suspension, intake, wheels, interior, body/aero kits, custom fabrication (covers one-off work and specialty work such as intake extrude-honing, etc.). Then, we could label the other axis with the manufacturers' names. Each box intersecting both x and y axis would have the part available and a hyperlink to the manufacter's site (if available). The idea would be to catalog all available modification components on a site. Obviously, we would want to have the sponsors linked to the site, by particular component. Also, might be nice to have a column for member comments or reviews of a particular component.

Love to work on it with you. We may need to ask all the active and knowledgeable members to help fill in the various boxes for the compenents. I'm sure everyone on the board has most if not all the information needed.

BigRedESS
Old 11-29-2000, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very cool, that is an excellent start! It can be self maintaining, let the companies update it and we can attach a forum to it for comments. Perhaps the sponsors can have a small sponsor logo beside their name and sort them to the top of the company list. Take a look at cnet.com, do a search for something like "scanner" and look at the price comparo. They do something similar to that.

Cheers.