Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Status Updates - Feedback & Ideas

Old 10-25-2016, 03:02 PM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Status Updates - Feedback & Ideas

S2KI just made the move to vBulletin, and with it comes a lot of new features. If you haven't already done so, I encourage you to read this announcement for a breakdown of what's new. Unfortunately, one part of the old S2KI that we could not properly replicate were the community status updates. Our new vBulletin software simply doesn't have an equivalent.

That said, we know how much you guys loved the feature, so we wanted to open the floor to you for ideas on how we can do them going forward. One idea we had is to perhaps set up a running chat thread in Off-Topic where you could post statuses as normal. Replying to each other's statuses could in theory be handled by quoting the posts. We could then create a feed of the non-quoted posts and place it along the right side of the site, much like the old status system. Do you feel that could be a suitable replacement?

We're open to any and all suggestions, and greatly appreciate your feedback!
Old 10-25-2016, 03:20 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

If you cant directly replace it, what about a live chat box on the side or bottom of the page?
This is a feature we have used for ever, I will miss it for sure!

Edit:
Also is it on purpose to put the newest post at the top of the page?
Old 10-25-2016, 04:15 PM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion, Topplayer! To open that up to the broader community a bit, do you guys find more value in a real-time chat than in status updates?

Regarding the reverse post order, we're working to resolve it right now. In the meantime, you can manually fix this bug by going to your User CP, selecting "Edit Options" in the left-hand menu, and then changing your Thread Display Mode setting from "Linear - Newest First" to "Linear - Oldest First".
Old 10-25-2016, 04:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i liked my status updates.

status updates were an easy way to get a lot of exposure to threads that are otherwise buried in sub forums.

also, i paid for them. i liked the fact that only people who paid for membership could post them
Old 10-25-2016, 04:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Personally I am indifferent about them, but I would like to see them brought back in some form for those who liked using them or at least partially paid a membership to use the status updates.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:05 PM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

The first thing I looked for here was the status updates. It kept it lively here and showed the current climate of the members. Right on the front page. Was a place for us to have a little fun and get some fast feedback. I felt I was getting to know the people in the forum not just some dry info.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The lack of s2ki status updates has left a void in my life. We must do something. I need the pointless banter and distraction.

R/
The guy with the now enormous avatar photo
Old 10-25-2016, 05:57 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Did S2ki just become Honda-tech O_o, not to mention how the heck I'm not a senior member...

Last edited by JUSTINTHECOASTIE; 10-25-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder if I can get my status update access back lol
I tried logging in under rosario717 and it said " You are banned and it will NEVER be lifted" lmaoooo that was cute
The following users liked this post:
MrKlean187 (10-27-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 08:26 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

I agree, the status updates is a big loss. I grew to really enjoy it daily and was an easy way to have some banter and bonding with the member community on this site, which I think served the site well in member activity. That alone may prove the site change futile for internet brands even if everything else is favorable in the change, which i am far from convinced of at this point.

Quick Reply: Status Updates - Feedback & Ideas