Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Status Updates - Feedback & Ideas

Old 10-26-2016, 03:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ditto on Status Updates, and I miss the stars for years of membership. You can still see members join dates but the stars were a quick and easy way to tell newbie from vintage members.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:01 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by baZurk
The lack of s2ki status updates has left a void in my life. We must do something. I need the pointless banter and distraction.

R/
The guy with the now enormous avatar photo
hahahahahahaha! its awesome!
Old 10-26-2016, 05:01 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Why are there so many advertisements?
Old 10-26-2016, 08:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

A chat box at the top of the page would suffice I think, and would maybe even be better.

They're definitely needs to be something - the only reason I used to be a paying member was solely for the status updates.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:26 PM

why does not my avatar show? and why does the guy with the giant avatar have a giant avatar?

Too much video crap going on all over everywhere. I have a shitty cell phone type 20GB a month for a $100 bucks at home. I can barely load the pages and it sucks so much data I cannot even use it. I do need to why what cats dream of. I can barely remember my own dreams.

Giving this new site a 1 out of ten.
1) Even though I click the box to keep me signed in I had to sign in again the second time I used it, really hope that is not going to be the rule.
2) no status updates, might as well drop my membership and become a guest.
3) I would say his avatar is bigger than mine but I do not even have one.
4) Too many ads.
5) Too much video, it is like a three ring circus. I come here to be with cars and car people not a bunch of distractions.
6) pages can barely load for all the ads
7) It is a data sucking bitch.

However I do appreciate the developers of the site as they try to strive for the best, but I do not want this to be Facebook. I know you guys have put lots of hours to make the conversion and get little for it, the last thing I want to do is give you grief.

Sometimes I think the guys who do the development are all sitting on T1 lines buzzing away at 1.54mbps. Even at work where I have an excellent connection it takes a few seconds to load the page and jumps as video after video is loaded.

I really think s2ki will now become a library, people will only come here to look something up. It is now too much of hassle with all the ads and distractions to come here to just share a common interest.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:55 PM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback so far, guys. We hear you that status updates helped make the main forum page feel more lively, so we're hoping to ultimately find a suitable replacement. I see that the chat box idea has come up a couple times now, and if it's something the majority of you like the sound of, we can definitely look into different options for one. However, one advantage that a chat thread in the forum may have is that you can reply to people at a later time. In theory, once the chat is done, it's done. With a chat thread, it could move just as fast if the conversation is active, but you can easily find where you may have last been mentioned and then quote that in a new reply. Just something to think about.

Regarding advertisements, we were unintentionally showing a few too many before and have since reigned them back in.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:13 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

Well, thank you for removing the giant ass ads taking up 1/4 of my screen on my phone.

next step is making avatars be limited to 100x100 like all other message boards.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:18 AM

If its not broke why fix it? Ugh this new site will be a nightmare.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still too many ads for my liking, although that was an issue with the old site as well. Also annoyed that I no longer snap to the last read post of a thread when I click on it. Any setting to adjust the number of posts displayed per page? I havent came across that yet.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:29 AM

so do I need to set up something somewhere to get my avatar back?

Quick Reply: Status Updates - Feedback & Ideas