Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

stop censoring posts

Old 11-03-2003, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stop censoring posts

what is with the moderators of the lists in s2000 talk, arbitrarilly declaring that a topic has been talked to death and closing it. This is rediculous.

People want to discuss the 03 vs. 04 versions of the car. Some people are not very reasonable in the way they approach it, but they still have a right to communicate.

What can we discuss, great moderator?

Please give a list of allowed topics
Old 11-03-2003, 04:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree - I have participated in the debates, but I never use foul language or anything like that. But since when is a spirited debate, even when people get all big and bad and huffy, been something to censor? Seems to me that we can not always have a love-fest, and it is naive and a bit too PC to squash that debate. The threads that have had posts removed look silly now - why not just delete everything, rather than pick and choose what one person(s) thinks is OK?

I have not taken anyone who disagreed with my points as personal attacks, even when the logic of the arguments evaded me.

So what do we talk about now - the tint of the headlights? Break-in oil again?

Old 11-03-2003, 05:00 PM
ttb

i'm with 2004s2000 on this one.

i wanted to reply to this well mannered, well out, yet flawed, post but it was closed.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The moderators also have a responsibility to maintain the quality of the forum. If people begin noticing that all of the threads degenerate into flamewars, then they'll move on to forums other than s2ki.com. The '03 vs. '04 debates are the most long-winded threads I've ever seen on this board, and almost no one has anything useful to say -- almost no one has even driven the new cars, but that doesn't stop them from posting. In addition, five different threads get started by five different people on the subject every day, further diluting any useful dialogue that is to be had.

It sucks that threads have been closed, but the signal-to-noise ratio has to be maintained if this place is going keep drawing new members and retain old ones.

Steve
Old 11-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Former Moderator

Thank you Steve. I don't moderate this section, but damn, you words ring so so so true!

It's sooo boring when people say in 200 words what they could have said in 20, and they argue points they really know little about and get all huffy over things that do not matter. It's a car for God's sake.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you give me a thread of reference and I am the one that closed it I will be happy to give you an explanation as to why.

I'm going to assume that it was one within the past 17 days of your time on the board but honsetly don't have the patience to search through every post for the past 3 weeks.

Usually if I close a subject that has been discussed in an earlier thread I will leave a link to the older one and then close the newer one. I am however human and may have missed this step.

If you'd like, post the link to the closed thread here or PM it to me and I will respond in a timely manner.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:17 PM

Censorship sucks. I am always polite in my posts. I have no problem with requiring civil discourse.

But there is obviously an interest in discussing the changes. If you don't like it, don't read it, don't reply to it. Ignore it.

What's the point in having a forum if we have to have permission to say what we think?

Why pay dues? I was about to. Why support sponsors.

I will raise holy hell if the censorship continues.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:22 PM

I closed it. I still feel it should be closed, however I reopened it. You guys/gals can debate all you want, however when those debates turn to flames, they will be removed/closed. That is exactly where that thread was/is heading.

Please understand that there are new members joining everyday. I dont want the MY04 owners to feel that the MY03- owners think they are inferior to the MY04 owners because the MY03-'s "think" they have a better car. We dont. The MY04 has its perks as does the MY03. If I had to choose all over again, I think I would have a really hard time deciding. Thanks

*thanks for the correction too asu_lee*
Old 11-03-2003, 05:25 PM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2004S2000
Censorship sucks.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:26 PM
ttb

interesting....i wonder what will happen when the 2nd generation s2000 comes out....

Quick Reply: stop censoring posts