Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Unreasonable Moving of Threads

Old 10-27-2001, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unreasonable Moving of Threads

I have had many threads moved from S2000 Talk to various outlying forums where they get lost.

Most recently, I posted a thread answering a recent S2000 talk thread about aluminum interior trim. The threads asking the questions were left on the S2000 Talk forum. My responding thread showing some pictures was moved.

I think the moderators who move threads should identify themselves. In the past, for example, it turns out that Jay Li has moved several of my threads from S2000 talk, threads which clearly were properly posted in that forum. I have criticized Jay for his "immoderate" moderation. If it turns out that Jay moved my recent thread on interior trim, it would confirm for me that Jay is not even handed in his moderation. If it isn't Jay, I apologize.

Who moved my thread?
Old 10-28-2001, 07:47 AM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

All moderators have been instructed to post a quick note as to where and why the thread was moved.

Moderators, the moderator guide is in the moderator forum.

Your particular thread was moved with a re-direct to the forum it was moved to.
Old 10-28-2001, 08:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Honda Gal
[B]All moderators have been instructed to post a quick note as to where and why the thread was moved.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:06 AM

So let me get this straight, you posted this thread, which is basically just pictures of your interior. Actually, in addition to the five pictures you had a greeting and one sentence extolling your Al trim and your stereo setup. Finally the "Zymol" is inserted, no doubt to let people know why your car is so nice and shiny (and it is).

If this was a followup to an exising thread, why didn't you post the pics within the thread. Why didn't you add one more sentence along the lines of, "Since so many people here have been asking about Al interior bits, here are some more pics of a kit supplied by one of our sponsors?"

How was Jay Li supposed to know that this pertained to a prior thread? Frankly you present no useful information in the post and I see it as no different than posting a pic of your S2000 at a meet or in front of a sunset.

What I do take issue with are the number of posts in Car Talk that have little to do with the s2000, like posts decrying balls denting fenders and members pulling knives, whether or not your passenger grabs the door handle, what music is currently in you deck, "Some S2000 Owners Are D!CKs," and what type of women like your car. Don't we have Off Topic for this drivel. As the first forum any visitor sees when they get here, Car Talk is the one by which we are all judged. If this site is nothing more than an attempt at a money-making venture by some and there is little regard for our reputation then leave things as the status quo. In the last few months I have seen the maturity level of this board drop immensely and our moderators can do a lot to stem the tide.
Old 10-28-2001, 01:26 PM

Gregg, yes I remember you. You're the fellow with the avatar of a fat ass hanging out of size 50 pants. Nice to hear from you again.

We've had arguments in the past. I've decided to just not respond to your posts because I think you're, well, an out-of-kilter sort of guy. If you're here to do your usual, that is muddy the water, why don't you go away instead.

I'd like to see a response from Jay.

BTW, Jay, when you move threads, I thought the rules were moderators are to post the reason. You didn't. However, I'll note, that almost every thread I've ever posted, you moved. I don't like it. If you have a hard on for me, leave moderating my posts to some other moderator.
Old 10-28-2001, 01:47 PM

Actually, they're size 32. I think the many who have met me will agree that I am far from off-kilter. I know lawyers are used to attacking people rather than ideas so your response does little to surprise me.

But regardless of my avatar it's hard to argue w/ reason. Unfortunately, your inability to provide any cogent reason for having your post in Car Talk other than "I want it there so more people will see it" speaks volumes. The fact that you, much like some others here previously, point to a huge conspiracy to move your posts to the trash can, I can only laugh.

If you only wanted Jay Li to answer you might have sent a PM a little earlier rather than posting in an open forum and calling for his removal as moderator because your static shots of another S2000 interior for some reason held the answer to world peace. As it stands, you thread has been placed back in Car Talk, probably to shut you up.

But my real reason for posting was to show the hypocracy here, not muddy the waters. With so many objectionable posts showing up of late bringing the overall tone and demeanor of this board down, you, champion of the downtrodden, chose to throw support behind a few pics of an interior that you have posted many, many times before. Perhaps you should worry about why people are leaving (rather than being thrown out).

BTW--thanks for removing your headpiece before taking these shots. They have always ruined the framing of the previous shots.
Old 10-28-2001, 01:50 PM
Former Moderator

I believe we all need to think of the right forum before you post. Even I am not sure sometimes, and especially where to move a thread as well. If the thread is of your pride and joy with pictures, then moving it to the photo gallery is the best fit. If pictures are in addition or follow up to a previous thread, I would suggest using the first thread to keep updates going.

A note has been posted to all moderators in the mod forum to make sure they post a reason for moving a thread. It is "good customer service" to do this. Either a comment in the thread or a PM to the person. Sometimes, a thread get's lost from where it originally was posted if it was moved. If the thread is moved with a comment and a redirect, then all will know where to look.

2x6, I don't think anyone is personally out to get you.

Gregg is right, the S2000 Talk forum is the first forum people visit. This forum should set the example of the people and the members of the site.

I hope everything has been answered, and if there are further questions please stick to the original thread content. No need to start pushing other peoples' buttons.

thanks!
Old 10-28-2001, 02:05 PM

Hi Honda Gal

Jay Li has never admitted he moved my thread. My point is that Jay Li has moved almost every thread I've posted. I don't like it. There was a recent thread in S2000 Talk about available aluminum trim kits. My thread was specifically a follow up to that thread; mine entitled, "Update for those thinking about aluminum trim." Clearly it is as appropriate as the original thread for S2000 Talk.

I just don't want to think that it is Jay Li who decides, for personal reasons, that every one of my threads belongs in the suburbs. No one likes to be singled out like this. I also didn't like it that Jay (I assume it was Jay since he moved all my other threads) moves my threads without identifying himself and without reason. That just adds insult to injury and adds to the appearance of a whimsical exercise of authority.

I see that my thread is back. Honda Gal, as usual, really nice posting with you.

Gregg, maybe you should keep that ugly butt covered unless you feel you're leading with your best.
Old 10-28-2001, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by 2x6spds
Gregg, maybe you should keep that ugly butt covered unless you feel you're leading with your best.

I was waiting for your last barb. Can't say I didn't expect it.

Maybe you can send me a set of your headrests, I'll shove them down my pants, and try on those size 50 pants for you. Considering the petty things that bother you about life, maybe you should take your own advice.
Old 10-28-2001, 02:14 PM
Former Moderator

the thread was moved back, Jay noted he moved your thread. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=33104 I can not speak on other threads that were moved.

I am just trying to help sort this issue out.

https://www.s2ki.com/library/regulations/ forum regulations... maybe these are not specific enough! This goes for all, just using this thread space!!

Quick Reply: Unreasonable Moving of Threads