Socal Swap Meet PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED. Buy, sell, trade and bargain with fellow members in SoCal
Mark this thread as Unsold

Positive and Negative Feedbacks (Services)

Old 02-08-2011, 02:25 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Positive and Negative Feedbacks (Services)

****Since this thread is new, rules are subject to changes****

This thread is designed for Positive and Negative Feedbacks for services that you encountered on S2ki.com. If you love a service post it here, if you dislike a service post it here. Services can be local mechanics, dent removals, and such.

If there is any negative feedbacks, and there is argument between members, this thread will be shut down.

ie: I had a bad service at XYZ Auto Repair, they forgot to tighten my drain plug.
And then we have a mob of group coming in to "save" XYZ, this thread is gone.

This thread is not for the sake of arguing, debates or asking questions. Either a postive or negative feedback and why.

No commercial posting of any sort.

Please WRITE your own PERSONAL experience with a service group. Do not quote someone else's post. Your post will be deleted if you QUOTE anyone.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:57 AM
Community Organizer

I'll make the 1st review to start it off:

INFO:

Aliso Viejo Auto Service

27802 Aliso Creek Road #D110

Aliso Viejo CA, 92656

949-362-1961

http://www.alisoviejoautoservice.com/

Shane is probably one of the most experienced S2000 Mechanics. He is not only a CERTIFIED Honda Mech. (formerly of Weseloh Honda of San Juan), but he is also an S2000 owner. He has serviced over 300+ S2000 and done over 30+ Gear Swaps.

He is very knowledgable, and a great guy to work with.

BC
Old 02-08-2011, 03:01 AM
Community Organizer

EvasiveMotorSports:
218 5th Ave
La Puente, CA 91746

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/contact.html

Had one of my vehicles aligned by KEL of Evasive. Corner Balanced and Aligned to my specs and body weight. Kel is an former owner of his black S2000, and has many years of experience with the S2000 also. Evasive is an expert in alignments, since we all know they won a bunch of races, time attacks, etc.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ballade Sport - Alex S2200
13186 A Better Way
Garden Grove, CA

Our one and only AlexS2200. Owns a stunning Spoon'd s2000. Cleanest shop I've ever seen. Extremely thorough work, and treats your car like it is theirs. My "default" shop, not only because it is close to work, but because of the quality of his work.

Rising Start Motor - not on the boards
9133 Las Tunas Dr
Temple City, CA 91780-1904
(626) 286-6551

Very popular with the track guys in Alhambra/El monte area.

Mandalay Auto Center - someone2talk2's father
20241 Valley Blvd # C
Walnut, CA 91789-2653
(909) 598-3997

Popular with the filthIEst guys. Great work at a great price.

West End Alignment - Darin (Not on the boards)
18008 S Vermont Ave
Gardena, CA 90248
(310) 808-9233

Legendary alignment shop.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

evasivemotorsports.com

went to grade school with kel he has aligned my car a few times. mike is one of the coolest guys in the buisness. he puts up with my crap when he really doesnt have to. always hooks up my friends when i send them his way.

evasive is my go to tuning shop in so cal. i have been buying from them for years.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 AM

basis sport tuning.
tony nguyen
151 wineville
ontario ca

tony is the homie. he can provide all sorts of different services
good things will come from this new shop. ive known tony since he worked at skunk2.. helped me and a lot of friends out with great prices on parts.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

STAY AWAY FROM

Rising Star Motor in Temple City.

I brought my wheels to get tires mounted here since my regular shop (Tire Central) was closed. As I unloaded my (newly refinished) wheels to where I was told, another worker comes up and kicks my wheels to the side (dragging across the pavement several feet). When I confronted him, he said "it's on the inside, you won't see it anyway". That pair became all rashed up on the inside.

I waited in my car as an older man began working on them. He mounted the REAR tires onto the FRONT wheels before I was able to say anything. Okay, he obviously doesn't know what he's doing. At this point, I realize that they don't use towels to protect the the lips as there was light scarring around the lips from the old machine they use.

After he dismounts those tires, I step out of the shop and pay cash up front. I started heading back towards the work area and I see him DROP a wheel flat on the face, which curb rashed the entire lip. As I ran up to view the damage, I see another wheel lying on the ground also with the face down.

As if to add insult to injury, the guy tries to deny it yelling at me in a foreign language, even though my friend and I were watching him the WHOLE time.

To make matters worse, a worker named Ryan busts out his dremel kit and told me he would try and smooth out the curb rash on my wheels...

uhh... hell no you aren't doing that. I took all my wheels and left, wishing I hadn't paid him upfront.

What a bunch of lunatics. Stay away from Rising Star Motor if you care about your wheels (and probably your car judging by the way they treat your belongings). I have never been so grossly offended by so many workers at one shop.

And to this day, this is the only 1 star review that I've written on Yelp.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:17 PM

Tire Central
5132 Walnut Grove Avenue
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626) 698-1182

Can't rave about these guys enough, they hook it up with fresh rubber all the time whether it's for me, my family, or my friends and they have no problems when I bring in used tires for them to mount/dismount (which often can be multiple times a week). They have up to date machines unlike most tires shops out there and they protect your wheels with shop towels so they aren't damaged during the mounting process.

I have probably had close to 100 sets of wheels/tires worked on by them whether it's mounting, dismounting, repair, or even failed stretching. They have a Cheetah bead sealer so if it's possible to be stretched, then they can do it here.

The owner Donald and my boy David are very nice and actually if you've ever been here, then you'll realize that this is the go-to spot for most owners with modified cars. It used to be a 30 minute commute from where I lived before, but this was the only place I trust with my wheels. I now live a lot closer and refer everyone here.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:23 PM

J&G Auotmotive
3629 Foothill Boulevard
La Crescenta-Montrose, CA 91214-1739
(818) 957-7530

Even though I've moved away from La Crescenta, this is still my spot for all the mechanical work on my cars (my friends' and family's cars as well). This is a one-man operation and Gazo has done it all for me: my motor swap, fluid changes, diff change, flipped cv buckets, camber joints, smog, and even dyno runs. If you're local and need mechanical work done, give him a call. Tell him Alex sent you.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 PM

Ballade Sport - Alex S2200
13186 A Better Way
Garden Grove, CA

I highly recommend Ballade Sports to everyone.

Alex and Mike are two of the coolest guys I've met in my 12+ years in the import scene. I've witnessed these two work tirelessly on not only my car, but on others as well. They are very thorough and value their customers greatly.

Alex initially worked on my car by replacing my clutch master cylinder, hooking me up with a tune-up and fluid changes. He broke it down for me with what exactly needed to be done and never tried to up-sell me for something that wouldn't be beneficial to the health of my car and motor.

I was happy with their work, enough to the point where I am driving my car from LA to Orange County just so only Alex touches it.

Since I've met Alex and Mike, I've gone back to get my coilovers installed and adjusted (readjusted, readjusted, and readjusted), swapped in a transmission, clutch, flywheel, etc. Hell he even fixed my Yellow Jacket after I screwed up the install (my wiring sucked and was giving me an idling problem).

I have nothing but praise for all of the work and effort Alex put into my car. Alex has kept things professional, and I've even kicked it with the guy after hours.

Good times.

Quick Reply: Positive and Negative Feedbacks (Services)