Socal Swap Meet PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED. Buy, sell, trade and bargain with fellow members in SoCal
Mark this thread as Unsold

Positive and Negative Feedbacks (Services)

Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure someone will put up their info soon, Mandalay auto in walnut does GREAT work. They worked on my ap1 a lot. They did my clutch, and put my car back to stock when I sold the SC. I highly recommend them. Wilbert is a great guy.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:39 PM

As mentioned in previous posts Alex and Mike at Ballade Sports are both great guys. They recently installed my clutch, fuel pump, tstat, and supercharger on my ap2. They did a great job and I am very happy with the work. Alex even went with me to tune my car just to make sure everything went well. That is certainly going above and beyond. Great work and great customer service.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also recommend Ballade Sports.

My Laskey sleeved block and disassembled portflow head is currently being put together by Ballade Sports. Alex and Mike are knowledgeable, honest, and the price is very fair. The main reason I decided on driving an hr to their shop is their customer service.

Alex and I spoke several times over the phone about what my needs are. What I wanted to do myself and what help I wanted from them. Not once did they pressure me or suggest that I let them do all the work (which they're capable of). I'm at a point that I need to balance my time with my family, time to work on the car, and money spent. They understood and addressed my personal concerns, while quoting a great price.

2 x
Old 02-13-2011, 07:38 AM

Ballade already mentioned several times

Another ★☆TOPDOWN☆★ favorite for

Aligntment, tires, auto repair

Temple City Auto Repair
9237 Lower Azusa Rd. # N
Temple City, CA 91780
Phone (626) 287-6417

http://www.templecityautorepair.com/

Henry and John

Mention topdown referred you.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:50 PM

Americas tire company in garden grove has excellent service and prices! Sonny always takes care of s2k owners! Anyone in need of tires I'd recommend this place anytime!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:12 PM

Ballade Sport - Alex S2200
13186 A Better Way
Garden Grove, CA

Had the pleasure of meeting Alex this last weekend. By far, the best shop I've ever experienced. After speaking with and seeing the work he does, I know that he will treat my car like it was his own. The work went above and beyond what I was expecting and the prices are downright ridiculously inexpensive. And if you didn't know, his car is freaking sick:
http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredv...poon/index.html

I hope the shop grows as I'll be taking my car there from now on.

Positives:
Not Pushy
Will Listen to your needs/concerns
Customer Service is above and beyond
Shop is clean
Other workers in shop are awesome people
Everyone in the shop is extremely professional with their work
Gran Turismo 5 cockpit setup on the ps3 in the garage =)
Will use fender guards (believe it or not, this is the first freaking time I've seen a shop properly use fender gaurds, it's a god damn shame more don't)
Old 02-14-2011, 05:31 PM

EvasiveMotorSports:
218 5th Ave
La Puente, CA 91746

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/contact.html

I had the guys at Evasive install my Berk header/3" exhaust a couple weeks ago, and had them do a full brake job and all fluids this past weekend. Top notch group of guys, very quick and very professional will continue to do business with them...
Old 02-18-2011, 01:52 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

So for the last two weeks I've been planning on buying KW V3's. Long story short, I bought them yesterday.

Tony @ Basis Sport Tuning had, hands down, the best price on KW V3's I could possibly find after searching everywhere I could. Nobody else came close. He even offered to install them for pretty much nothing, so it was an offer I couldn't refuse. So yesterday I headed over there @ 10:30 AM to begin the process. The shop was nice and clean, and they had a comfy couch + office chairs to sit on. Oh, and plenty of soda + water.

After goofing off and eating some lunch, we started on the coilover install. A couple of hours later, it was finished! I then tuned the rebound and bump on the coilovers to KW's specs. Tony and I took a ride in the car... AMAZING. The ride is so stiff yet comfortable, and the handling is outrageous! Worlds beyond stock. Oh, and my car understeers like crazy... due to my FSB.

But what an improvement! 100% satisfied with my purchase, and the service provided by Tony was impeccable. In regards to the pricing... they are $1850 total, and $2000 installed if paid in cash. Can't beat those prices, especially when comparing it to most of the places I got price quotes from.

I took a few pics during the install and afterwards...

Old 02-22-2011, 07:02 PM

Sonny at America's Tire Co gets two 's from me. Great service and very helpful.

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I just wanted to give some complements to a great repair shop I just found.

It's called Ballade Sports.

Here's their address and phone. Moderator, if for some reason we can't post that info you have my permission to delete that part.

Ballade Sports

Alex Doan
Ballade Sports
13851 A Better Way # 11D
Garden Grove, CA 92743
Office 714-902-9027

I've been to many repair shops over the last several decades. I've always tried to find a quality mechanic who charged fair prices and didn't try to upsell everything.

It's easy to find one of those three characteristics in a mechanic, but finding all three is almost impossible. With these guys, Alex specifically, I think I have.

He doesn't charge the standard, but fictional, book rate labor hours recommendations for repairs. He repairs what's needed. He'll tell you what is necessary, what's optional, and what can wait for later day.

I came in "wanting" a prophylactic repair procedure that would have cost several hundred dollars, and he actually talked me out of it!

I had a compression and leakdown test performed (thanks that all was OK), for about half what a very respectable mechanic down the street wanted.

I also had a clutch master cylinder replaced. For those of you who know, this is fairly easy job, but you need either two people, or some special attachments to do it yourself (OK, ok, I know you can gravity bleed), but I had neither of these things.

Their standard charge was just over half of what another shop that many of you guys go to charge. And it was still $35 less than my usual mechanic.

In addition, Alex is an excellent "teacher". He is able to educate you in a very understandable way if you want. One of the nicest guys I've met in a long time.

All in all, I can recommend these guys without hesitation.

Quick Reply: Positive and Negative Feedbacks (Services)