South Florida Owners from South Florida

Anyone in the Davie/Plantation/Sunrise area......?

Old 09-07-2005, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in the Davie/Plantation/Sunrise area......?

Hello everyone,
Its now my time to finally buy a car, I want something more reliable and simply, something newer. Ive owned a few hondas, an older prelude and Im currently driving a swapped EG Hatch setup. I love the car to death, its fun and strong and gives me no problems, but its the time to go new. Ive saved enough over the last year, so Im debating an s2000 since this is south florida and a covertible would be nice for the winters, and of course the overall performance and appeal of the car is amazing. Heres the issue. I def cant afford to buy new since I am a grad student and pay so much for tuition, so Im looking at a 2002. I went to a dealer on andrews and sunrise earlier todayin ft lauderdale to sit in a new one and it wasnt too bad for me. The most difficult part is getting out of it since its hard to get my right leg underneath the wheel. Im a tall guy at 6'6' so I want to make sure I can fit in the 02's since I read that there has been some changes in the interior size compared to the new ones i sat in today. So my favor to anyone on here that is willing to do so, is if I can please sit in anyones 00-02 s2000 and see if it would be a comfy fit for me. At the dealership it wasnt so bad, just my left leg blocks the window controls on the door bc of the little room between the dash/steering wheel. I havent been in Florida really long so I dont know anyone with the car and am not out enough to see many of them. I work at Walgreens in Sunrise and attend school at Nova Southeastern if any of you are closeby to do me this favor. My email address is dimarco@nova.edu you can email me if you can help out. I just need to make sure so I dont shell out the $20,000+ and find out a month later that it was a bad choice since I fit like a sardine. Thank you for reading.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:53 PM

check your PM mine is 03 tho
Old 09-07-2005, 12:56 PM

Try coming to one of the meets on Tuesday nights. I'm sure someone there won't mind.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brother is between 6'8" and 6'10" and he's NEVER been able to sit in my car, much less drive it.

I drive an '02 and I'd be more than happy to let you test it. Comfort has been a big issue with these cars so you definitely want to make sure you can drive it comfortably.

Di
Old 09-07-2005, 01:20 PM

KeithD's a tall guy, but I think he's not quite that tall. Perhaps he'll chime in to offer more insight.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's important to fit in the car, and at your height a lot depends on your body's proportions. My 6' 4" brother can drive mine, but his legs rub on the steering wheel. Though I'm 3" shorter than he is, my torso is longer, so I have more trouble with headroom than he does. If your concern is headroom, there's a relatively simple procedure to drop the height of the seat by about 3/4".

As a last resort, install an aftermarket seat such as the Sparco roadster model and gain 2" of headroom. That seat will also gain you about an 1" in legroom.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:07 AM

Pharmacist, another thing you may need to take into consideration is where you'll be keeping the car. Not sure if you've been browsing the boards for a while, but down here we seem to have a BIG problem w/ S2000 seat theft.

If you're going to be keeping the car outside and un-garaged most of the time, you will really want to re-think your decision about that. Unfortunately, the list of membrs who have found their tops slashed & their seats gone is not small!
Old 09-08-2005, 05:40 AM

stolen seats is not a reason to not get the car you want, their are measure to take to prevent the theft

however, if the car doesn't fit then pass on it, I'm 6'3" and it's a tight fit for me, on long trips or if I've been in the car awhile I just need to get out and move around, but this isn't my only car so I have options when it comes to trips
Old 09-08-2005, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Machine Age Victim,Sep 8 2005, 09:40 AM
stolen seats is not a reason to not get the car you want, their are measure to take to prevent the theft
True, but it's something to consider and you know that no dealer would ever mention anything about that.