South Florida Owners from South Florida

Feb 8 Autocross Results

Old 02-09-2004, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feb 8 Autocross Results

Post only the relevant classes, if I missed someone please tell me!
Old 02-09-2004, 07:00 PM

I have to say that Jose has improved a hell of alot since last season and also that my father managed consistent 40 second runs in the fun runs. Considering he never drives the car I have to say that's pretty good =)

Also, props to Tommy for running with the bad knee.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:32 PM

Old 02-09-2004, 07:39 PM

Thanks Fyrestrike for posting that. Now we can track everyone's improvements. Love the number of S2000, let's get more members out and dominate the AutoX circuit!!!

Deiger
Old 02-10-2004, 04:50 AM

It was a great day. Good job to everyone who showed up(to race and for moral support).
Old 02-10-2004, 07:34 AM

So there were only two timed runs before the funruns?!?!
Equipe rapide /Scca is getting too big for its britches- I used to be on the SCCA solo commitee- and I cant believe they wound up merging both clubs after all- the whole idea was to have TWO autoX clubs down here- not one HUGE one - that can only afford one run a person!!!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:36 AM

By the way- how do I get my title thingey changed to "owner" from "enthusiast" ??
Old 02-10-2004, 08:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent driving Alex & Richie!

The Porsche drivers Stan and Terry have been autocrossing for some time and they are not in slow cars. You beat them both! With a little more experience, you'll be serious contenders.

As for Chris, he's been driving a long time too. Many of us did fun runs after the autocross, and I'm pretty sure that none of them were counted as official runs. It would suck if they were. I'm glad that they weren't because Oscar and I both got faster, but he had me beat in the end.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:56 AM

Thanks for the props. I hope we can get better as time goes on. Too bad they don't have this every weekend.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:03 AM

Originally posted by CoralDoc
As for Chris, he's been driving a long time too. Many of us did fun runs after the autocross, and I'm pretty sure that none of them were counted as official runs. It would suck if they were. I'm glad that they weren't because Oscar and I both got faster, but he had me beat in the end.
I'm not talking about the fun runs, I'm talking about during the event. That car ran 6 or 7 times, and they said the since they knew him, that the slower times were probably Dottie. But I don't think she was the second driver of that car because there is a another 944 listed with 74 and 774, which are obviously co drivers and Dottie is one of them. Maybe all 3 were driving the same car? Regardless, nobody was able to confirm that it was actually him in ASP that ran those times, they just assumed and gave him the best 2 runs.

Either way it doesn't matter, if those were actually his times, then he made his first run count and I didn't.

Quick Reply: Feb 8 Autocross Results