South Florida Owners from South Florida

I think I might sell if trade the S!

Old 04-15-2014, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I might sell if trade the S!

I think I just might sell it or trade in the S2K not really sure. Thinking it over. It looks like I would be getting another Infiniti. I just haven't had the best of luck with the S and I think my g/f at the time put it best when she said "it's your unicorn, your Eleanor. " things just don't work out.

I'm not sure what do you guys think.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:48 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Can you be more specific about your bad luck? Sometimes we hear these threads and people have a long list of really regular things happen with the car that don't really warrant selling.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:43 PM

Which S2K do I start with. Lol. This is my third and previous 2 were stolen on multiple occasions. This one has already had that attempted. The ever super reliable kraftwerks blower that I bought it with blew up in November and left me stranded and dishing out money for a rental. Then that same week a drunk a-hole backed into my passenger left me a present on thanks giving. First week someone hit my fender at work. I could go on and on. Honestly it's nothing serious but it has just been little things and I'm not sure I really wanna find out, if there is going to be a big thing. I love the car and everything about it but I think I just want a little more piece of mind.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:23 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Sucky happenings. What kind of Infiniti would you be replacing it with? I know a bit about S2000 addiction, there isn't much that is an obvious upgrade from an S2000 and I can't think of any Infiniti branded products that fit the bill.

Are you in a high theft area or are you just unlucky? It sounds like your problems aren't really with the car, maybe a parking solution is in order. I am assuming you park outdoors?
Old 04-15-2014, 06:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gst19psi
Which S2K do I start with. Lol. This is my third and previous 2 were stolen on multiple occasions. This one has already had that attempted. The ever super reliable kraftwerks blower that I bought it with blew up in November and left me stranded and dishing out money for a rental. Then that same week a drunk a-hole backed into my passenger left me a present on thanks giving. First week someone hit my fender at work. I could go on and on. Honestly it's nothing serious but it has just been little things and I'm not sure I really wanna find out, if there is going to be a big thing. I love the car and everything about it but I think I just want a little more piece of mind.
hey man where you at Lime restaurant on saturday night on kendall drive? i saw a black kraftwerks supercharged s2k with a crash on the passenger door like you explained. if thats you , man dont sell it. car looks great besides the passenger. i say fix it and keep it. what power you making anyway? im currently back to stock from being turboed but looking to supercharge in the future
Old 04-15-2014, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Marioshi
Sucky happenings. What kind of Infiniti would you be replacing it with? I know a bit about S2000 addiction, there isn't much that is an obvious upgrade from an S2000 and I can't think of any Infiniti branded products that fit the bill.

Are you in a high theft area or are you just unlucky? It sounds like your problems aren't really with the car, maybe a parking solution is in order. I am assuming you park outdoors?

I have no other place to park my vehicle in my living situation. I love the car and this isnt an easy choice to make. Not to mention that the car is not running right since it lost the blower and at this point investing in a new kraftwerks blower is not an option. I was not happy with their warranty procedure should something go wrong again. As far as a replacement it would be the Q60S 6MT, at this point i am just looking for something sporty, RWD, and the luxury doesnt hurt.lol
Old 04-15-2014, 08:25 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

I almost always tell people they're crazy for even considering getting rid of their S.... but yeah, these cars bring you nothing but trouble. Honestly, whatever you get, make sure that motherf***er is armored and theft-proof because brother the S2000 thing isn't working out for you haha.

I kid of course. Keep the S. What's the worst that could happen?
Old 04-17-2014, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by S2KCHRIS305
hey man where you at Lime restaurant on saturday night on kendall drive? i saw a black kraftwerks supercharged s2k with a crash on the passenger door like you explained. if thats you , man dont sell it. car looks great besides the passenger. i say fix it and keep it. what power you making anyway? im currently back to stock from being turboed but looking to supercharge in the future
Yeah I was. I'm guessing that grey one I saw parked in the corner was yours. The car is in good shape all around in general, but I just feel uneasy at this point. As far as power it's not making anything since my blower blew up. I would love to put it back to stock but I can never seem to find the ap2v2 injectors and I'm not buying new ones. I'm really torn and totally uneasy about the decision but the last thing I need is to have a serious issue occur and be really f@#ked. At least when the blower blew and all that crap happened I had my g/f and she would help me out but now I'm alone and can't chance it. I need something to give me piece of mind and warranty. Lol. And I'm not going to throw my money away in something I hate or don't want.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sigh. The Infinit wasn't much better luck for you either. Remember that.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by droptopgirl
Sigh. The Infinit wasn't much better luck for you either. Remember that.
You're 100% correct with that statement. But I did finally find a great service advisor and I liked the car just not the treatment from the dealer and the crazy defect I had. I just don't know. I'm just sure that staying with the Honda is gonna bite me in the ass sooner than later and I just don't know what I'll do when that happens.

Quick Reply: I think I might sell if trade the S!