South Florida Owners from South Florida

On My Way To Ft. Lauderdale Today!

Old 06-19-2004, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On My Way To Ft. Lauderdale Today!

If you see a red 03' S2K with a gator tag and 04' wing in Ft. Lauderdale, it'll most likely be me. Heading down there to look at a car for the girlfriend.

If you see me, flip me off, because I hate the drive to south Florida and will be in a crappy mood! Then, I'll know it was someone from S2KI. Actually, if you do flip me off, I won't know if it is someone from S2KI or not because everyone flips you off in south Florida!

Maybe I'll see some other S2K's on the way.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:58 AM

have a safe trip

Mitch
Old 06-19-2004, 06:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nate, if you & Joy haven't left yet, PM me & I'll give you my cell #. Maybe we can get together for lunch or something.....

Have a safe trip!
I thought Joy found a car a while back?

Kim
Old 06-19-2004, 07:48 AM

Joy sold the MR2 and is looking for something more reliable. Hope you guys bring home something new
Old 06-19-2004, 06:29 PM

Well, I saw a yellow S2K on Sunrise Blvd just before 1 p.m., and then another yellow one in West Palm a short time later. Anyone from around here?

We saw a white one and a red one heading south on the turnpike when we were heading home.

I wish I had seen your post earlier. We would have given you a call and met up for lunch! We had left right after I posted the message.

In fact, I should have posted the message earlier this week and had someone check out the car for us. It would have saved a trip down there.

We went to a place called Phoenix Auto Sales to look at a 2000 Celica GTS for Joy. It "looked" great in photos and from what the salesman told us. But when we got there, we were disappointed. Some Asian kid had owned the car (found the records) and had done some stupid shit to it. There was "glitter" inside the car (painted or sprayed on the interior) and matching glitter windshield wipers, they had an exhaust muffler (OBX Racing) welded on (rather than a full cat back), it had those horrible LED washer lights, and the overall condition of the car was just crappy.

So we took a ride to West Palm to check out another one. It had been repainted, so we skipped on that one too.

Now we are going to look into leasing a car for Joy so she can get something new and still affordable. So we'll look into the Mini Cooper S, Celica GTS, RSX Type S and WRX.

If that doesn't work, then we'll most likely be back on the lookout for a 2000-2001 Celica GTS (6spd, leather, sunroof). If anyone knows of one, let us know!

Sorry we missed you this time around.

The po-po's were out in full force today too! Man, I had a tough time making good time when my radar was going nuts every few miles. But it saved me!