South Florida Owners from South Florida

Nitrous Decision... Yes? or No?

Old 09-24-2006, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why would you just want to purge? look, everyone here knows nitrous isnt the
best thing for our engines but like any mod including turbo and supercharger you will run the risk of ####ing something up. look, OG packing is running Turbo and he ran nitrous before that( 75 shot). if anyone can answer your question reguarding nitrous is him. hes actually done it.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone has a Turbo set up with a small shot of NOS to help with the turbo lag?

I saw this setup in a Supra which was a monster, the thing had a huge turbo and your neck would snap when the turbo kicked in up in the rpm band but they installed a 75 shot to kick in on the mid rpms to help the lack of power on the mid section. Bottom line, crazy fast.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by stimpgsx,Sep 24 2006, 03:43 PM
why would you just want to purge? look, everyone here knows nitrous isnt the
best thing for our engines but like any mod including turbo and supercharger you will run the risk of ####ing something up. look, OG packing is running Turbo and he ran nitrous before that( 75 shot). if anyone can answer your question reguarding nitrous is him. hes actually done it.
i have a friend of mine with an LS1 camaro SS with full bolt ons. He was always accused of using Nitrous so he decided to just buy a kit to purge but he didn't want it in the engine. He had his reasons and maybe Mr.Laguna really want a purge kit but no Nitrous running through the engine either. He already has the Kit so it's not like he going out to buy one.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:31 PM

Whatever flows his boat. As his friend I don't recommend him to use it and only use it as purge. If not just sell it and use your money on something that will not damage your car or void your warranty.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by np2k1s2k,Sep 24 2006, 07:15 PM
i have a friend of mine with an LS1 camaro SS with full bolt ons. He was always accused of using Nitrous so he decided to just buy a kit to purge but he didn't want it in the engine. He had his reasons and maybe Mr.Laguna really want a purge kit but no Nitrous running through the engine either. He already has the Kit so it's not like he going out to buy one.
yea thats right i already have the kit. But look, the thing is that my dad found out that i bought nitrous and flippe. told me that if i installed it in my car he would have the car picked up by the insurance. but also i am concerned about the engine and ofcourse voiding the warranty.

I was just excited about purging.

But then i few hours ago kinda had a mind change cuz a friend of mine told me that i was crazy cuz that is ricer sh it.. who here thinks the same??
Old 09-25-2006, 06:12 AM

NOS when not used properly is just playing stupid, now when is a car that its built for it and it will use moderate amounts with the right engine management and reinforcements then its not about ricer or not but being smart about your investment.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:20 AM

if you don't use the nitrous and sell it and you still wanna go faster. Then use that money towards a set of gears. You'll love them and they will make the car faster for sure.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GDM S2K,Sep 23 2006, 05:41 PM
I guess everyone can afford to fix a motor for free. if you had the choice to get a free motor or pay 6 grand for one, your telling me you would pass on the free one?
Im not stupid enough to put myself in a position where im going to **** up my motor and then find a way to scam the dealer out of another one. Sorry i dont fill the scumbag description but aparently your a pro at it
Old 09-25-2006, 07:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CoralDoc,Sep 23 2006, 06:13 PM
First of all, I would never add nitrous or force induct my car unless I could afford to deal with the consequences of that.
Exactly.......
Old 09-25-2006, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by GDM S2K,Sep 25 2006, 11:33 AM
oh and right off the bat NOS is just a company that sells nitrous products, not nitrous it self.

its like people saying im thinking about using Zex on my s2000
We know that NOS is a company that sells nitrous products but we all refer to any Nitrous kil as nos. Its the lingo. Most people call all MP3 players Ipod when in fact they are not but we all know what people mean by it.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Decision... Yes? or No?