South Florida Owners from South Florida

NOPI Race Wars Pics

Old 08-15-2004, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOPI Race Wars Pics

Well it certainly was a fun time! A decent showing considering the weather. Bigpurp and I tried to represent the group well. We set a one day record for car washes: 1 before we left and 2 while we were there. However, it certainly paid off BigPurp went home with a 2nd Place Trophy for his division (Honda / Acura 2 door Coupe Mild) and I took home a 1st Place Trophy for my division (Honda / Acura 2 door Coupe Conservative).

Some high points for the show were: 15 Evos showed up as a group; a very nice BMW M3 with NOS, carbon fiber hood and enough toys inside to keep you busy for weeks (Mav you would have been proud); and a sh*t load of hydralics, TV's, and bodykits. Hope you enjoy the pics!!

Deiger
Old 08-15-2004, 03:36 PM

Here are the 1st Place shots:

Deiger
Old 08-15-2004, 05:40 PM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

very nice deiger very nice...purps is too but GET THAT BLUE STICKER OFF THAT POLISHED INTERCOOLER!!!!! haha i'll bet cost him first....

I like your intercooler radiator tho and your wheels...glad you both scored...

fltsfshr
Old 08-16-2004, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, nice!!!!
Old 08-16-2004, 05:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Despite the rain, Matt and I had a great time. There were def some wild, wild rides there. We were, in fact, probably the tamest of the bunch. Heck, the guy I lost to in my class (Honda/Acura - Mild) had tribal vinyls all over his car -- a Prelude -- with a turbo and about 10,000 other mods. He had a friggin billboard next to his car describing all the sh*t that was done to it. His car was FAR from "mild." I guess he figured the competition would be too stiff in the open/"wild" classes, so he decided to beat up on the little guys and take the easy W.

Anyway, enough hating. After the judging was over, I had a chance to talk to one of the judges. Matt faced some stiff competition in the Honda - Conservative class. He managed to take the W though, in large part b/c his car was just super clean and tastefully modded. In fact, the judge I spoke with told me that the reason he gave Matt the nod over all the others is b/c: a) he had Volks (the judge said this adds a LOT of pts, even more if they're painted w/polished lip); b) his exhaust (beautiful); and c) his engine bay (the judge noted that the polished large fuse box cover was the clincher).

Congrats Matt on a victory well-earned!

BTW, the nicest ride there, IMO, was the Sorcery NSX-R. Sick machine, and really nice owner form Jensen Beach. He told us that Sorcery will be coming out with a widebody kit for the S that is going to blow us away. I can't wait...

Oh, and fshr, we looked all over for you. Sorry we couldn't get together. Someday, we'll be in the same place at the same time.

Old 08-16-2004, 07:04 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

I just learned we had the second best qualifying time. Too bad they called it. Waiting to see if they still pay something or if the 35g purse disappears.

fltsfshr
Old 08-17-2004, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by bigpurp,Aug 16 2004, 09:21 AM
Despite the rain, Matt and I had a great time. There were def some wild, wild rides there. We were, in fact, probably the tamest of the bunch. Heck, the guy I lost to in my class (Honda/Acura - Mild) had tribal vinyls all over his car -- a Prelude -- with a turbo and about 10,000 other mods. He had a friggin billboard next to his car describing all the sh*t that was done to it. His car was FAR from "mild." I guess he figured the competition would be too stiff in the open/"wild" classes, so he decided to beat up on the little guys and take the easy W.

Anyway, enough hating. After the judging was over, I had a chance to talk to one of the judges. Matt faced some stiff competition in the Honda - Conservative class. He managed to take the W though, in large part b/c his car was just super clean and tastefully modded. In fact, the judge I spoke with told me that the reason he gave Matt the nod over all the others is b/c: a) he had Volks (the judge said this adds a LOT of pts, even more if they're painted w/polished lip); b) his exhaust (beautiful); and c) his engine bay (the judge noted that the polished large fuse box cover was the clincher).

Congrats Matt on a victory well-earned!

BTW, the nicest ride there, IMO, was the Sorcery NSX-R. Sick machine, and really nice owner form Jensen Beach. He told us that Sorcery will be coming out with a widebody kit for the S that is going to blow us away. I can't wait...

Oh, and fshr, we looked all over for you. Sorry we couldn't get together. Someday, we'll be in the same place at the same time.
Thanks, Aaron for the comments! I definitely agree that the Prelude belonged in wild, where if Blueboy was there he would have kicked his A**.

I think I now have the show bug. HIN here I come!

Deiger
Old 08-17-2004, 07:05 AM

Congrats on the wins, Deiger & Big Purp!
Well done!

I think both of your cars are very, very tastefully done. Too much of what was there, in my opinion, falls under the category of "cheesy".

You kids need to have some bikini models laying all over the hoods of the cars next time! That'll get extra points! Hey, if you can't get any chicks to do that, maybe you in a Speedo & stilettos will do.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyGirl,Aug 17 2004, 11:05 AM
Hey, if you can't get any chicks to do that, maybe you in a Speedo & stilettos will do.
They would actually take points AWAY for that.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by bigpurp,Aug 17 2004, 11:26 AM
They would actually take points AWAY for that.
Oh, that would be hot!

Quick Reply: NOPI Race Wars Pics