South Florida Owners from South Florida

Rick Case Honda Body shop

Old 05-02-2012, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rick Case Honda Body shop

To stay brief,

lady t-boned me at low speed a few weeks back. car is driveable so Ive been waiting to hear from her ins. company about paying for the damages and avoiding paying my deductable. well, her geico guy called me yesterday, and said that i could take it to a list of places they work with, and it would all be taken care of. I saw that Rick Case is a dealer that I can do this at.

So my question before I take it over is, has anyone had any experience with their body shop? If so, what was it?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:18 PM

My car got hit and i had to replace my front bumper and headlight back in like 2007. they did a great job. you couldn't tell something happen. the paint matched and there was no gaps between the bumper, headlight , or hood. they took good care of my car there.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:40 PM

thanks a lot for the replies guys. was mostly worried about any horror stories but from what ive found everywhere ive looked online they sound like a pretty stand up place.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:18 PM

Did u decide where to take the car to ?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:53 AM

I just picked it up from rick case today.

OVERALL, I give them an A. the car looks spectacular, the work done makes it look like nothing happened at all. They cleaned the entire car before giving it back, and went above and beyond and wetsanded and buffed my headlights.

I had a gripe about the paint cracking on the front bumper that was not there when i brough it in (however, this was not on a part that they replaced), but David assured me I could bring the car back and he would tape off the section and re-paint it for me with no extra charge...so even though it was not on a piece they had worked on, they were willing to touch it up without any additional issues.

only reason i didnt give an A+ was that the interior piece over the interior passenger door handle is not installed properly, it restricts the lock from its full range of motion. I tried to play with it a bit but gave up after 30 minutes of not being able to get it to seat properly. Ill bring it up to David when I bring the car back for the front bumper.

Anyway, I was extremely happy with the service, punctuality (only took one week) and overall job that was done. HIGHLY reccomend the body shop to anyone else.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:00 PM

I am glad that you didn't have too much of a problem. Even though I recommended them, I went to pick up the car yesterday and ended up talking to the manager cause they keep f@#king up the car. They were supposed to completely paint the spoiler and it was still chipped. Also the spoiler was not screwed evenly and the dumbass manager was like "its not going to fall off" ...... before they f@#ked up my key hole covers, had a huge gap between the panels and another part was not even painted, just primed ..... if I knew all of this before ..... i would have been a lot more careful with what i said before.

The thing is my bro does body work and painted cars before .... so he knows what details to look for and stuff. I don't think they expected a person with that kind of car knowledge ..
Old 05-18-2012, 02:06 PM

So I went to pick up the car today. Now the lip kit to the car is hanging loose. I ended up talking to the assistant manager that was there since I did not
want to speak to the manager of the collision center. The manager of the facility was not working today, and will be working saturday. I will meet with him
tommorrow and let's see what excuses they can come up with.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience with Rick Case, along with another Member here, was deplorable. To put it lightly, fraud was involved. I don't feel like going through the 3 page letter I had to write to Allstate regarding Rick Case, but my recommendation would be to bring it anywhere but to them.