South Florida Owners from South Florida

Sofla Supermeet Group Drive

Old 03-24-2004, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the South FL Club Drive to the Supermeet on Friday, April 2nd, we have designated 3 meeting points.

Miami Lakes

Where?
Cancun Grill Parking Lot
15406 NW 77th Ct
Miami Lakes, FL

When? 11:30AM

Who?
1 mav
2 DaWorm
3 Fyrestrike
4 MiamieNeSeX (?)
5 Sonic_S2k_04
6 Russ (?)

Pembroke Pines

Where?
Bahama Breeze
11000 Pines Blvd
Pembroke Pines, FL

When? 12PM

Who?
** try to be at the lake worth stop... will save 15 mins for the group!!

Lake Worth Rest Area

Where?
Lake Worth Rest Area/Service Plaza on Turnpike

Who?
7 BryanPiersol
8 DEIGER
9 blues2000boy
10 Hunter
11 mjudson
12 Bullet1123

Going separately...
JerseyGirl
keithd
rateds2k

Drive Groups

Group 1
mav (Group Leader)
Fyrestrike
MiamieNeSeX
Sonic_S2k_04
blues2000boy
Bullet1123

Group 2
DaWorm (Group Leader)
Russ
BryanPiersol
DEIGER
Hunter
mjudson

Game Plan

Once we are all together at Lake Worth at 1PM, we will eat at one of the fast food places. Plan to be done by 1:30PM, 1:45PM at the very latest. From there, we are driving straight to Orlando. We will meet briefly after lunch to go over a few things. Group 1 will leave at about 1:30PM. Group 2 will leave 15 minutes later. We have divided the group into two Drive Groups to facilitate the trip up to Orlando and to lessen problems. Once we are within a few miles of Orlando, we will try to merge the group together so we arrive to the hotel as one.

Group Drive Tips

- Bring your two way radios for communication. mav's cell is 305.490.7506. PM Warren for his cell. Call us if you get lost, separated, arriving late, having problems or just want to be enlightened by our wisdom and infinite knowledge. If you have a complaint, please privately tell your Group Leader. Public verbal bashings will not be tolerated. Lets not have another repeat of the Hammocks Drive. Do it and be prepared to be yelled at, ignored or even asked to leave. We ain't your bitches to be bitched at.

- Check your car beforehand. Oil, fluids, tire pressure, etc. Make sure your car is filled up and ready to go.

- Bring enough money/coins for the tolls and/or refill your sunpass at http://www.sunpass.com/.

- If you suddenly experience car problems, get pulled over by the cops, or another unexpected event prohibiting you from continuing... do not panic. Call your Group Leader and we will deal.

- If someone from the group gets pulled over for whatever reason, no one else stop unless you want to get a ticket as well. Keep going. If you are the victim of the police, please call your Group Leader.

- Bathroom and fuel stops. Everyone should be all fueled up at the Lake Worth stop. Pee and unload and do whatever else that you peeps need to do at the Lake Worth stop. If you suddenly need to use to the bathroom, please contact your Group Leader so he can work out a stop for you (most likely the next or soonest rest area).

- Use your common sense. No donuts, revving at other motorists, street racing, excessive speeding and other dangerous manuevers. Do not try to bring attention to yourself or the group especially from the police. Lets not have another repeat of the Ranko incident. Safety to you, your passenger, our group and to other motorists come first.

- Maps and detailed route instructions will be given to you at the Lake Worth stop.

- Finally and most importantly... HAVE FUN!

Legal Liability Release

By participating in the South Florida Club Drive to the Supermeet, you hereby release, relieve, discharge and hold harmless s2ki.com, South Florida S2000 Car Club, its Community Organizers (mav and daWorm), any drive group leaders from any and all liability, whether for personal injury, property damage, traffic fines, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with participation in this activity and any travel associated with this activity.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:29 PM

leave earlier
Old 03-24-2004, 09:11 PM

I get out of school at about 12pm.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:02 AM

My $.02.

I recommend to take the Turnpike up. This is the fastest way to Orlando. You also need to get into Orlando around 3:30-4pm. From living there, their rush hour starts after 4pm. I and any other Palm Beachers can meet everyone at the Lake Worth Rest Area. It is roughly 2.5 hours from my house to Orlando, pending speed traveled. That puts us about 1or 1:30pm to meet at Lake Worth Rest Area.

What do ya think?

Deiger
Old 03-25-2004, 03:21 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a plan. Do some of us in the Miami area want to meet up before for lunch? I'm taking the entire day off next Friday.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:12 AM

Turnpike sounds reasonable to me...
remember we are heading to Clermont... which lies to the west of Orlando...

Lunch for me is most likely doable... i'll know better timing next week..
Old 03-25-2004, 05:11 AM

I'm going to be leaving slightly earlier since I need to make sure I'm one of the first people there. If anyone would like to accompany me up and help out, I'd really appreciate it. I'm thinking of leaving the Boca area around Noon.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DEIGER
My $.02.

I recommend to take the Turnpike up.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:08 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mav
Sounds like a plan.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:33 AM

I'm up for the drive north...what ever time....

Quick Reply: Sofla Supermeet Group Drive