South Florida Owners from South Florida

totalled my car

Old 06-04-2010, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Onehots2k,Jun 3 2010, 10:21 PM
A.) A 135i already comes with boost

B.) There isn't enough conclusive evidence that state he wants to slide on purpose. He is considering an AWD afterall. If he wanted to do burnouts and slide around all day it isn't the most ideal platform.

C.) He responded to the VSA in the 06, asking if it would slide as easy. Someone who gets into an accident does not immediately ask its easier to do the same type of behavior on purpose that got them into it in the first place.

The S2000 at some point will get away from most of its drivers. I know this b/c I ask every new person that comes out to the meet. It is unexpected. For it to come out in the rain is very different than the dry.

I already added up the pieces. That's how I saw it. I'm just saying you possibly read it wrong. Thats all.
As I stated before, read between the lines!!!!

1) Obviously the 135i is boosted, but this "KID" as a I keep reiterating wants boost because he loves the sound of a bov, not for the fuel economy or power ratings from the factory but for the sound of the bov. Also when you went looking for a car, did your mother tell you what you were and werent allowed to purchase?

2) Are you serious? what type of car does professional drifter ken block use? multiple gens of sti's

3) the kid stated he hydroplaned and is getting a 135i in the same sentence. A responsible adult response would be "wow, i wrecked my car yesterday due to my lack of care. Maybe I need to re evaluate my driving habits and correct them before I hurt myself or someone else.".... I beleive it to be a irresponsible kid when they say, hey guys, I wrecked my car today and ill have to settle for a 135i soon because my mom said the s2k just isnt as safe."

I totally understand that the s2k gets away from everyone at one point or another regardless if initiated on purpose or not in dry or wet weather but it is the lesson learned from each incedent that will help the individual avoid any further injury to ones self or someone else, which I dont beleive this kid has obsorbed.

Like you stated before, I may have read it wrong but remember to always look at both sides of coin as well as from someone elses view other than your own and it might just open your eyes.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:06 AM

I don't know... Vinn's my buddy and all, but I'm gonna have to go with Medic on this one.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:04 AM

lol @ this thread
Old 06-04-2010, 09:47 AM

yo wtf lol i actually had my s2k for 8 or 9 months but i havent been on the forums long. and i babied my car bro. and yeah i asked if it slides easy just to compare bc sometimes when you make u turns or take corner you can help it especially in an s2k. even though the 135i is rwd its not easy to slide, if you want to get sideways then rain is your best friend lol one of my good friends has one and he loves driving in rain, its actually ahrd to slide and hydroplane in one. and yes i said i want boost and the sound of a bov lol havent you ever heard of "boost gets you laid"?? bithes love bimmers and the sound of a nice bov will get anyone off! and the 135i is just a chill car, im gonna be riding cleann with just a bov kit, front mount. and totalling my s2k was a total accident, you can help yourself from losing traction sometimes, we all do it, i bet everyone here has at least once pulled out of somewhere or made a turn and lost traction before. i was driving normally like i have been for the 9 months i had my car and i mustve ran over a puddle or something bc i deff wasnt racing and drove from delray to wellington in the rain. so dont just assume things "s2k medic" maybe you should hear the story first
Old 06-04-2010, 09:55 AM

The couple times you said "can," I think you meant "can't." lol
Old 06-04-2010, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Soosh2K,Jun 4 2010, 09:55 AM
haha yeahh i did. but i have my mind pretty set on the 135i but if i run into something i might change my mind. but as of now id take a 135i and get exhaust, a bov kit, and a front mount lol
Old 06-04-2010, 10:08 AM

oh and thanks for coming out to the meet man last night was small though. when we get boynton it gets packed. most likely next week.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Soosh2K,Jun 4 2010, 09:55 AM
+1.

He meant exactly what I thought he did. The 135i does not suffer from snap oversteer like the s2000 does. It has a ton of understeer dialed in from the factory. I'm not sure its the "right" car but hey its not my money.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by AP2vinn,Jun 4 2010, 10:08 AM
oh and thanks for coming out to the meet man last night was small though. when we get boynton it gets packed. most likely next week.
For sure. Just let me know
Old 06-04-2010, 10:21 AM

This thread fails.

Quick Reply: totalled my car